Sr. Process and Controls Analyst
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
The SOX PMO at Gartner prides itself on being a trusted business advisor for management and process owners alike. Strong process and control design are critical facets of any good internal controls system and the Process and Controls Analyst plays a key role within our Corporate Controller’s Group.
The role requires direct, process owner-facing engagement to identify, articulate and document processes and the risks within. Additionally, the successful candidate will be relied upon by process owners and management to consult on control design and documentation.
Our Southwest Florida (Fort Myers) Gartner Campus is our largest office globally with 1,700 associates across four buildings. This location offers associates amenities which include two onsite cafes, onsite gym, outdoor walking track, open patios, and modern work spaces which foster a creative and positive work environment.
Looking for a healthy balance of work and play? You’ll love our Southwest Florida location. World-class beaches, exciting nightlife, affordable cost of living, and top local schools and universities are just a few of the reasons why our area is one of the fastest-growing in the nation.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for reviewing, documenting and evaluating new and updated processes and controls performed within the Corporate Controller’s Group.
- Responsible for communicating control strengths and weaknesses within key processes.
- Assist process owners to re-mediate audit findings.
- Be part of and consult with the project teams for new system implementations.
- Provide support for acquisitions and integration activities.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (Accounting, MIS, Finance or related field).
- Minimum 2-5 years in related field with audit and/or internal controls experience.
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Project management experience.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including flow charting and/or process mapping.
- Understanding of current accounting (GAAP) and auditing (GAAS) principles.
- Understanding of internal control concepts (COSO, COBIT).
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act provisions and compliance methodologies.
- Experience with ERP systems (Oracle a plus).
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner’s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:30578
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.