Sr Payroll Specialist
About this role:
This position operates in a high pace environment and is responsible for the following:
What you’ll do
• Prepare, review and approve monthly payrolls for multiple countries.
• Prepare off-cycle manual payments as needed with required calculations and system entries.
• Process all special payment requests such as commissions, bonuses, severance, and overtime.
• Analyze processes to drive efficiencies and best practices
• Serve as a liaison between associates and local country payroll contacts.
• Resolve problems and respond to inquiries related to payroll earnings, deductions and tax withholding.
• Coordinate with HR on employee data changes and benefits as recorded in the HR system.
• Coordinate with the Payroll Service Provider Account Manager.
• Review payroll system audits and address issues.
• Prepare and input journal entries for all payroll activity, and reconcile accounts monthly.
• Prepare reports and analyses for management as requested.
• Obtain working knowledge of eTime (leave management) solution
• Provide support and integration of new payroll acquisitions.
• Partner with the global payroll analyst on all project management initiatives
• Mentor and train new hires
What you’ll need:
• Accounting or Finance degree preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years prior payroll experience and CPP designation preferred.
• 5+ years work experience preferably in a corporate environment.
• ADP or Oracle knowledge preferred.
• Payroll System report writer experience preferred.
• Ability to multi-task proficiently
• Proven ability to work cross functionally within a team
• Project management skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding sensitive personnel data
• Ability to communicate with a diverse audience at various levels within an organization
• Effective influencing and listening skills
• World class internal/external customer service skills
• Strong initiative and drive
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
• Excellent time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
• Exceptional analytical skills
• Proactive problem solving skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to drive results
• Ability to mentor and train others.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
• An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
• Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
• Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
• Exposure to industry leading training and development
• Performance based recognition and rewards
Job Requisition ID:29584
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.