Sr Credit Manager
Sr Credit Manager
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
Our Southwest Florida (Fort Myers) Gartner Campus is our largest office globally with 1,700 associates across four buildings. This location offers associates amenities which include two onsite cafes, onsite gym, outdoor walking track, open patios, and modern work spaces which foster a creative and positive work environment.
Looking for a healthy balance of work and play? You’ll love our Southwest Florida location. World class beaches, exciting nightlife, affordable cost of living, and top local schools and universities are just a few of the reasons why our area is one of the fastest-growing in the nation.
About this role:
Lead a team of Credit & Collections Specialists responsible for collections across multiple Sales Regions and multiple time zones**.
**Due to the time zones supported, this position will require a flexible schedule that will include taking occasional afterhours meetings. After hours work required will vary depending on whether it is a month, quarter or year-end close.
What you’ll do:
- Manage collections team to meet & exceed monthly & quarterly cash collection, delinquency & DSO targets.
- Manage collections team to prepare & provide in depth analysis on the client status of the various stages of delinquency & making recommendations to Sales & CFS management on solutions to dispute & escalate activity to legal.
- Prepare & provide key metrics & collection results pertaining to team targets on cash collection & delinquency goals to CFS management
- Decide creditworthiness of new and renewing business opportunities with sales. Review non-standard terms and billing schedule requests and provide recommendations to sales or decline. Provide updated language, calculation of credits for renewing contracts & recommendations for edits before submission to Client
- Present CFS collections requirements to Sales new hire training classes & facilitate presentations throughout the year of process improvement to increase productivity & efficiency for Sales.
- Hire, train and develop all collections associates to meet and exceed their goals and objectives.
- Understand & adhere to all corporate guidelines for pricing, legal, product, Gold Notes, SOX & country specific laws
- Partner with all business units to continually improve processes and relationships to increase productivity.
- Master all collections process through iCollections combining collection efforts via phone & email to the Client.
- Ensuring the team updates their notes and records accurate status codes in iCollections
- Coordinate with the GEMS & the Order Management teams to validate Clients outstanding balance and authorize the refunding of any overpayment coordinating with Cash Applications.
- Identify Client issues early & escalate to finance and sales management.
- Provide recommendations for enforcing terms or preparing a payment plan directly with the Client.
- Authorize credit memos and ensure accurate coding depending upon the nature of the credit.
- Hiring, managing performance, coaching and developing associates to deliver outstanding performance.
- Work closely with Sales, Finance, Legal, Corporate Pricing and Deal Hub management and provide guidance to resolve issues and handle escalations.
- Proactively lead monthly meetings with sales managers and teams.
- Proactive and inquisitive problem-solving.
- Regular review and updating of processes to ensure the department maintains pace with the changing environment.
- Conduct training at various levels (Team, Department, Sales New Hires and assigned Sales regions).
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance or equivalent business experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a management role.
- Experienced in the Credit & Collections process
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in credit management systems implementations / upgrades.
- Experience leading and developing large teams.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong initiative and willingness to take on projects in a proactive manner.
- Effective listening skills.
- Time management skills.
- Microsoft Office skills essential.
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry-leading training and development
- Performance-based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner’s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:34194
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.