Senior Project Manager - Finance
Senior Project Manager, Finance
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
The Senior Project Manager is accountable for the on-time, quality delivery of large, complex projects along with the management of scope, budget, benefits realization, and stakeholder satisfaction. The Senior Project Manager will ensure that projects are planned and executed in a manner consistent with company strategy, commitments, goals, and standards.
Our Southwest Florida (Fort Myers) Gartner Campus is our largest office globally with 1,700 associates across four buildings. This location offers associates amenities which include two onsite cafes, onsite gym, outdoor walking track, open patios, and modern work spaces which foster a creative and positive work environment.
Looking for a healthy balance of work and play? You’ll love our Southwest Florida location. World-class beaches, exciting nightlife, affordable cost of living, and top local schools and universities are just a few of the reasons why our area is one of the fastest-growing in the nation.
What you’ll do:
- Manages activities associated with complex projects of varying types and sizes, applying the appropriate project management principles, techniques, and methodologies (Agile/Scrum, Waterfall) tailored to the individual project to ensure on-time, on-budget delivery.
- Drives core project communications including communications plan, status reporting, executive updates, and ad hoc presentations.
- Partners closely with business owners and subject matter experts to define project objectives and goals.
- Works with business and product owners and IT managers to ensure that project scope is fully defined, managed and controlled. This includes identifying scope exclusions, tracking business and technical assumptions and communicating constraints.
- Builds and maintains relationships within business and technical departments/areas to ensure key team members and stakeholders are aligned.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors and coordinate activities as needed
- Conducts project team and stakeholder meetings, appropriately elevating issues of scope, schedule, cost, and customization for executive-level review and disposition.
- Identifies and manages project risks and issues, developing plans to assess, manage, track, report, escalate, and mitigate them.
- Partners with resource managers to build a resource plan and manages a matrixed team comprised of onshore, offshore, full-time and contractor team members.
- Identifies and manages cross-project and internal dependencies to ensure alignment and successful delivery of critical milestones.
- Establishes and manages project shifts via strong change control procedures.
- Manages all aspects of the project financials.
- Partners with the Finance PMO team members to proactively propose process-improvement and best practice initiatives and implement them, when approved.
- Mentors, trains, and oversees project managers and other program team members as required.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 5-7 years of project management experience developing project charters, plans, work breakdown structures; risk and issue resolution; and sprint, test, and release planning
- Management of teams in both matrix and project-team organized environments
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree
- Scrum Master certification and training in Agile methodologies highly desired
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification highly desired
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Goal-oriented, self-directed individual who needs little supervision
- Strong team player with the ability to manage others through teamwork and relationship building skills
- Strong leadership skills (clear direction, respect, consistency, decisiveness, accountability, conviction, cooperation)
- Proven ability to manage geographically dispersed teams
- Ability to work in a fast paced-environment with tight deadlines and multiple project deliverables
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders within business and IT, at different levels of the organization
- Quick study with the ability to learn and operate effectively in new environments
- Critical thinking with excellent judgment and initiative
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, and MS Project (and/or other project management tools)
- Proficiency with Google Drive, WebEx and Skype
- Experience with JIRA a plus
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner’s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:41894
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.