Senior Payroll Specialist
Senior Payroll Specialist
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
This position operates in a high pace environment and is responsible for ensuring exceptional customer service and accurate pay slips for our Gartner associates. Below lists some of the crucial functions required to fill this role.
Our Southwest Florida (Fort Myers) Gartner Campus is our largest office globally with 1,700 associates across four buildings. This location offers associates amenities which include two onsite cafes, onsite gym, outdoor walking track, open patios, and modern work spaces which foster a creative and positive work environment.
Looking for a healthy balance of work and play? You’ll love our Southwest Florida location. World-class beaches, exciting nightlife, affordable cost of living, and top local schools and universities are just a few of the reasons why our area is one of the fastest-growing in the nation.
What you’ll do:
- Provide high level customer service to our associates via email and other technologies
- Prepare off-cycle manual payments as needed with required calculations and system entries.
- Process all manual adjustments requested by appropriate contacts – W4, direct deposit, severance,
- Analyze customer service inquiries to identify process improvements
- Serve as a liaison between associates and other product owners (HR, benefits, compensation)
- Resolve problems and respond to inquiries related to payroll earnings, deductions and tax withholding.
- Coordinate with HR on employee data changes and benefits as recorded in the HR system.
- Coordinate with management on key initiatives, special projects, and additional workload
- Review customer service metrics for trends and proactive communication solutions
- Ensure accurate and timely responses, meeting all provided SLA
- Communicate/escalate issues timely to management
- Manage the mailbox, ensuring proper teammates have necessary actionable items
- Review payroll system audits and address issues
What you’ll need:
- Accounting or Finance degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years prior payroll experience and CPP designation preferred.
- 5+ years work experience preferably in a corporate environment.
- ADP, Workday or Oracle knowledge preferred.
- Ability to multi-task proficiently
- Proven ability to work cross functionally within a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding sensitive personnel data
- Ability to communicate with a diverse audience at various levels within an organization
- Effective influencing and listening skills
- World class internal/external customer service skills
- Strong initiative and drive
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Proactive problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to drive results
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner’s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:46757
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.