What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain & prepare schedules tracking various costs, projects to support monthly journal entries and ensure accurate account balances each month
- Reconcile various worldwide Balance Sheet and P&L accounts.
- Investigate anomalies identified to determine root causes and implement solutions to improve process
- Drive and support continuous improvement by supporting management initiatives and developing & documenting new processes
- Understand multiple internal areas including Client Financial Services (booking and billing of contracts – [sales support] process & system, accounts payable process, accounts receivable process, basic product structure and company initiatives in order to investigate and resolve issues raised or identified.
- Review processes and identify opportunities to improve efficiency/accuracy and implement solutions.
- Prepare analysis & reports for management, other Finance Departments and Business Units for use in making timely, fact-based business decisions
- Complete special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Keep accounting management abreast of current activities within areas of responsibility.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's in Accounting or Finance
- 4-7 years accounting or finance experience
- CPA preferred
- Strong ability to prioritize and organize workload.
- Excellent ability to collect information from many varied sources and ensure its accuracy.
- Excellent ability to work independently with various accounting, finance and treasury personnel.
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Excellent ability to understand business processes
- Strong initiative and willingness to take on projects in a proactive manner;
- Strong ability to manage constantly shifting priorities and requirements;
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills & Effective listening skills
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Standards
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change.
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement.
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values.
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company.
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status-quo.
- Exposure to industry-leading training and development.
- Performance based recognition and rewards.
Who are we:
Gartner is the world’s leading research and advisory company, offering information, advice and tools for business leaders. We provide objective and invaluable insights to our C-level executive clients, where we guide them to achieve the mission-critical priorities of their organization. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and now employ over 17,000 associates globally and support 12,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Our awards and accolades:
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
- Forbes America’s Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019 & 2020
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.