When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
This position operates in a high pace environment and is an integral member of the payroll department.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare, review and approve monthly payrolls for multiple countries.
- Process all special payment requests such as commissions, bonuses, severance, and overtime.
- Analyze processes to drive efficiencies and best practices
- Resolve problems and respond to inquiries related to payroll earnings, deductions and tax withholding.
- Review payroll system audits and address issues.
- Prepare and input journal entries for all payroll activity and reconcile accounts monthly.
- Prepare reports and analyses for management as requested.
- Obtain working knowledge of eTime (leave management) solution
- Provide support and integration of new payroll acquisitions.
- Partner with the global payroll analyst on all project management initiatives
What you’ll need:
- 1+ years of Payroll experience preferred
- 2+ years’ work experience preferably in a corporate environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Competence in financial system applications preferred
- Time management and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task proficiently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to work cross functionally and within a team
- Project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding sensitive personnel data
- Ability to communicate with a diverse audience at various levels within an organization
- Effective influencing and listening skills
- World class internal/external customer service skills
- Strong initiative and drive
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Proactive problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to drive results
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
Exposure to industry leading training and development
Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner’s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 15,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:37664
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.