Editor, Gartner Research
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you?
If you want to bring Gartner's research, best practices and tools to life across a broad range of world class clients, and are a team player who values personal excellence, expert insights and bold ideas - then Gartner is looking for you!”
About this role:
We are looking for an Editor with an eye for detail and expert knowledge of the English language to coordinate, review and edit content, as well as manage all steps in the publication process. A successful candidate understands what kind of writing is appropriate for business executives and strives to provide exceptional, informative and engaging content to clients.
Editors perform a variety of editorial duties, including formatting, fact checking and editing reports, research, conference presentations and time-sensitive deliverables for grammar, punctuation, clarity, concision and adherence to style and established methodologies.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare, rewrite and edit assigned documents or other deliverables every day to improve readability.
- Read documents closely to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar syntax and style.
- Use a content management system to capture editorial changes, reviews and communications.
- Discuss and resolve any issues with author(s).
- Verify facts, dates and statistics, using standard reference sources.
What you need:
- At least three years' editorial experience, preferably working for newspapers, magazines or journals in the field of IT or communications technology, in a busy environment with strict deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism or Liberal Arts.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office applications (primarily Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Knowledge of Associated Press (AP) style.
Who you are:
- Collaborative - experienced providing service and collaborating with global colleagues
- Organized - skilled at multitasking, prioritizing and working under tight deadlines and high volume
- Confident – able to make sound decisions on projects with minimum supervision
- Detail oriented - skilled at recognizing and troubleshooting errors
What we offer:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Teamwork, integrity, objectivity, collaboration, and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Direct collaboration with global colleagues
- Professional development and growth opportunities
- Competitive salary, 401k, and comprehensive benefits (medical, vision, and dental) starting on your first day
Job Requisition ID:46116
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.