We are looking for an Editor with an eye for detail and expert knowledge of the English language to coordinate, review and edit content, as well as manage all steps in the publication process. A successful candidate understands what kind of writing is appropriate for business executives and strives to provide exceptional, informative and engaging content to clients.
Editors perform a variety of editorial duties, including formatting, fact checking and editing reports, research, conference presentations and time-sensitive deliverables for grammar, punctuation, clarity, concision and adherence to style and established methodologies.
In this role, you will:
- Prepare, rewrite and edit assigned documents or other deliverables every day to improve readability.
- Read documents closely to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar syntax and style.
- Use a content management system to capture editorial changes, reviews and communications.
- Discuss and resolve any issues with author(s).
- Verify facts, dates and statistics, using standard reference sources.
- Edit with the reader or audience in mind.
- Help shape the development of policies, standards and procedures within the Content Production department and in relation to improving the client experience.
- Help establish and implement quality controls throughout the workflow process.
- Work cross-functionally with all other teams/departments, including Research, IT and Graphics, to improve the overall workflow process, procedures and systems.
- Assist in training analysts on publishing process requirements and editorial style.
- Take part in departmental projects.
- Undertake continuous, job-related training to maintain editorial quality levels and improve individual skills.
- Maintain an awareness of new terms or phrases coming into popular usage in your subject area.
- At least three years' editorial experience, preferably working for newspapers, magazines or journals in the field of IT or communications technology, in a busy environment with strict deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism or Liberal Arts.
- Excellent English language skills in editing and writing.
- Tact, firmness and sound intuition when dealing with analysts and others.
- Numerate and visually literate.
- Proven ability to manage projects and juggle a diverse workload.
- Knack for learning and understanding new concepts.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office applications (primarily Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Knowledge of Associated Press (AP) style.
- Past experience working in a content management system is helpful.
- High-level knowledge of Supply Chain is a plus.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Experiencing great work life balance with up to 29 paid days off in year one
- Company benefits such as: Health Insurance, 401K with company match, Tuition Reimbursement, 20 days PTO, Wellness Rewards, ESPP
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
Job Requisition ID:36793
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.