Director, Variable Compensation Designer (Relocation Assistance)
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
The Variable Compensation Designer is at the nexus of helping Gartner unleash more effective sales performance. The successful candidate will be a thought leader and innovator in the sales incentive and recognition programs field, who has a clear record of success in influencing senior level leaders on new ideas to revamp/enhance and simplify incentive compensation and recognition programs. This candidate will need to understand the company’s business goals and objectives and develop compensation programs that result in sales performance and behaviors aimed at achieving those goals.
Our Southwest Florida (Fort Myers) Gartner Campus is our largest office globally with 1,700 associates across four buildings. This location offers associates amenities which include two onsite cafes, onsite gym, outdoor walking track, open patios, and modern work spaces which foster a creative and positive work environment.
Looking for a healthy balance of work and play? You’ll love our Southwest Florida location. World-class beaches, exciting nightlife, affordable cost of living, and top local schools and universities are just a few of the reasons why our area is one of the fastest-growing in the nation.
What you’ll do:
- Ownership of the sales compensation program design including analysis and modeling
- Lead the design process of sales compensation and sales recognition plans to ensure alignment with the company's business objectives and performance strategy.
- Translate strategic sales objectives and optimize plans to help attract, retain, and motivate top sales talent.
- Cultivate strong relationships with senior leadership of the sales organization to understand their business needs and ensure they are accurately reflected in sales compensation and sales recognition deliverables.
- Provide guidance to the business and develop creative solutions on a variety of sales compensation objectives
- Create change management plans that engage leadership, management, and communications.
- Lead sales incentive and sales recognition communication strategy and execution to ensure plans and programs are well understood by the field organization to increase motivation and identify opportunities to simplify and standardize programs and processes.
- Perform deep analysis on the effectiveness of compensation components, rules, and programs and model the potential impact of alternatives.
- Monitor program outcomes, adapting as necessary to address evolving market dynamics and strategic objectives
- Ensure tools, processes, and systems are maintained to effectively process incentive and recognition awards
- Ensure governance processes are in place that guarantee and/or strengthen compliance with legal requirements
- Develop and implement both short term and long-term road maps focused on variable compensation strategies.
- As part of a working team, collaborate with Sales, HR, and Finance leaders to ensure:
- Sales incentive and sales recognition plans drive intended behaviors to achieve financial, operational, and economic objectives.
- Sales plans are aligned with the Company’s reward philosophies
- Understanding, awareness and alignment of all variable compensation components (e.g. best practices, intent, calculations, exceptions, etc.).
What you’ll need:
- 7-10 years in operational roles
- Experience in designing and managing incentive compensation and/or recognition programs in a large corporation; prior experience in an actual sales role, business leadership, sales operations position and/or finance experience
- Strong track record of driving operational improvements to support business strategy, ideally having participated in one or more major organizational transformations
- Proven expertise in problem resolution, including the data and analytics skills to enable common linkages to be identified and connected.
- Experience modeling data using, predictive analytics, forecasting, regression testing, etc.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner’s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:33991
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.