Collections Specialist - Fort Myers, FL
Collections Specialist - Fort Myers, FL
When you join Gartner, you ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career developmentas well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.Position's Location:
Our Southwest Florida (Fort Myers) Gartner Campus is our largest office globally with 1,700 associates across four buildings. This location offers associates amenities which include two onsite cafes, onsite gym, outdoor walking track, open patios, and modern work spaces which foster a creative and positive work environment.
Looking for a healthy balance of work and play? You ll love our Southwest Florida location. World class beaches, exciting nightlife, affordable cost of living, and top local schools and universities are just a few of the reasons why our area is one of the fastest-growing in the nation.
About this role:
Initiate contact with the Client to ensure the Client pays for services within the terms of the contract. Evaluate Client s credit history to review, approve, recommend terms for new business or escalate to sales, management, outside counsel if delinquent. Support sales when client dispute invoices or requires supporting documentation/ preparation of a statement. Maintain collections history in OracleiCollections.What you ll do:
- Understand and adhere to all corporateguidelines for pricing, legal, product, Gold Notes, SOX and countryspecific laws.
- Evaluate credit history, review and helpprepare Sales Agreements with Sales for non-standard terms beforepresenting to Client; provide updated language, calculation of credits forre-writes and recommendations for edits or further approvals beforesubmission to Client.
- Start collections process through iCollectionsautomating collections workflows and combining collection efforts viaphone and email to the Client.
- Coordinate with the GEMS and the OrderManagement teams to validate Clients outstanding balance or refund anyoverpayment coordinating with Cash Applications
- Identify Client issues early and escalate tomanagement and sales.
- Provide recommendations for enforcing terms orpreparing a payment plan directly with the Client.
- Meet and exceed all monthly and quarterlytargets.
- Electronically invoice and collect throughClients web portals.
- Preparation of credit memos and accuratecoding depending upon the nature of the credit.
- Provide monthly reports to management andSales on all balances >$10K 60 days + delinquent.
- Motivated, high-potential performer, withdemonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellentinterpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems andsuccessfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices andfeedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked byperseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity,objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central toour values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help youmeet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challengestatus quo
- Exposure to industry leading training anddevelopment
- Performance based recognition and rewards
What you ll need:
- High School Diploma required; AssociatesDegree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 3 or more years of related office experiencein one of the following areas: Customer Service, Collections, SalesSupport.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Software. Oracleand a CRM system knowledge a plus;
- Excellent oral and written communication skillsboth in French and English;
- Ability to communicate with a diverse audienceat various levels and all countries and cultures within the organization;
- Effective listening skills;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Strong initiative;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressureenvironment;
- Excellent time management skills and abilityto meet tight deadlines;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changingenvironment;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong team player;
- Ability to build strong internal/externalbusiness partnerships.
Job Requisition ID:G19823
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.