Cash Applications Specialist
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
Our Southwest Florida (Fort Myers) Gartner Campus is our largest office globally with 1,700 associates across four buildings. This location offers associates amenities which include two onsite cafes, onsite gym, outdoor walking track, open patios, and modern work spaces which foster a creative and positive work environment.
Looking for a healthy balance of work and play? You’ll love our Southwest Florida location. World-class beaches, exciting nightlife, affordable cost of living, and top local schools and universities are just a few of the reasons why our area is one of the fastest-growing in the nation.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in team projects, and facilitate with any acquisition integrations.
- Responsible for posting and applying Gartner Foreign and USD cash received internationally and within US to appropriate A/R and Non A/R accounts.
- Maintaining adjustments to Worldwide A/R accounts upon approved documentation.
- Preparation and help facilitate reconciliations to Worldwide GL.
- Processing and balancing credit cards internationally and within US daily.
- Assist in the Worldwide A/R Close and month end Oracle reporting.
- Prepare worldwide manual invoices within Oracle sub ledger and may include VAT tax.
- Maintaining and pulling copies of unapplied credit/cash balance Worldwide.
- Prepare Worldwide Debit/Credit Memos and refunds relating to A/R Sub Ledger.
- Verbal and written client interactions.
- Events and Digital Markets invoicing and collections with internal and external customer service including 3rd party events partners.
What you’ll need:
- 2-4 years’ experience working with collections and accounting functions.
- Familiarity of e-commerce business processes.
- Comfortable using Windows, Word and Excel, Outlook, Oracle, and OPI.
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills.
- Effective Listening skills.
- Problem analysis.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Familiar with currency exchange rates.
- Time management skills.
- Strong initiative to lead projects in a team environment.
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks and projects at the same time.
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner’s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:32443
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.