Assistant Manager, Payroll
Assistant Manager, Payroll
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
Responsible for managing a team of US payroll SR specialists and tax analyst. Responsible for overseeing the administration of Gartner’s US payroll and partnering with all relative stakeholders, including the payroll systems manager. Identify process improvements and energize the team.
Our Southwest Florida (Fort Myers) Gartner Campus is our largest office globally with 1,700 associates across four buildings. This location offers associates amenities which include two onsite cafes, onsite gym, outdoor walking track, open patios, and modern work spaces which foster a creative and positive work environment.
Looking for a healthy balance of work and play? You’ll love our Southwest Florida location. World-class beaches, exciting nightlife, affordable cost of living, and top local schools and universities are just a few of the reasons why our area is one of the fastest-growing in the nation.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the administration of US payroll, including driving global best practice and consistency projects; managing the relationship with ADP; resolving escalated issues arising within the program; staying abreast of US payroll changes; and monitoring and improving KPI’s in area of responsibility
- Provide daily support to direct reports.
- Collaborate with global payroll stakeholders for standardization/best practices
- Drive and support continuous improvement and scalable processes by supporting management initiatives and developing & documenting new processes
- Increase associate understanding and satisfaction with payroll operations
- Partner with key stakeholders (benefits, HR, IT, HRIS) to identify and execute process improvements.
- Work collaboratively with other Finance members to create accurate and efficient processes
- Complete special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Business area required
- 5+ years of experience working in US payroll, finance project management or similar business function.
- 1+ years people management experience required
- ADP platform experience is preferred
- Must have a strong, can-do, no limits, “Winner” mindset
- Willingness to learn new skills and take direction
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Ability to learn new tools quickly
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate with a diverse audience at various levels while considering cultural differences
- Excellent customer service and listening skills
- Strong initiative and willingness to take on projects in a proactive manner
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Excellent ability to understand business processes and identify areas of improvement
- Strong collaborator/team player
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo. Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner’s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit gartner.com.
Job Requisition ID:46756
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.