VP, Program Management and Conference Production - CIO Portfolio
Vice President, Program Management /Conference Production
Gartner Conferences serve more than 60,000 business and technology leaders from around the globe, with a portfolio spanning more than 75 industry-defining conferences each year, covering IT, supply chain, human resources, sales and marketing, and more. With annual revenue in excess of $350 million, and consistent double-digit growth rates over a sustained period, we are actively investing in our Conferences Production team, to support an ever-expanding portfolio of world-class conferences.
About this role
The VP, Program Management, is responsible for the product strategy for a global series of technology conferences serving CIOs and their teams. Reporting to the VP, Global CIO/Symposium Portfolio, this executive is responsible for the development of the conference value proposition, architecture of overall agenda and program, and the achievement of high revenue and profit targets for that portfolio.
Integral to the leadership of the global portfolio strategy will be a close partnership with the Conferences Marketing, Operations and Exhibitor leaders, to drive audience and sponsorship goals. The role will be responsible for collaborating with the senior leadership of the Conferences organization and executives from across Gartner’s operating divisions who are key stakeholders in the portfolio ecosystem.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Ensure the global portfolio delivers the optimal conference must-attend value proposition to C-level executives and their functional leadership teams, utilizing the most rigorous evaluation, product-development and design processes
- Lead annual business-wide portfolio-review (i.e., "opportunity assessments"), pricing and budget-planning processes for the series of global conferences
- Lead market-research, competitive intelligence and needs-assessment initiatives, to guide program development
- Collaborate with business leadership team to evolve audience programs, new sponsorship offerings, etc., aligned with the long-range goals of the conference value proposition
- Drive the annual development strategy to identify key market/launch opportunities and growth strategies for a global portfolio of conferences
- Lead collaborative process with program-management team to set overall agenda design for the portfolio of 6-10 conferences, and ensure globally consistent execution
- Oversee regimen for collecting and analyzing feedback from prospects and attendees, related to program and experiential design
- Work with Marketing, audience-acquisition and PR leaders to ensure alignment with campaign strategy and delivery; and provide guidance on appropriate articulation of value propositions within audience-acquisition campaigns
- Work with exhibitor sales, operations and product leaders to create sponsorship packages that accelerate the sales process and increase retention
- Collaborate with Operations leaders to create the most compelling client experience to drive retention and referral
- Build and support a team culture of innovation
- A proven track record of leading successful teams and initiatives in a high-performance culture, and in a matrix environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with effective presentation skills and executive presence
- An exceptional thinker and collaborator, with an appreciation of the need to make data-driven decisions and a proven ability to solve problems and drive change
- An individual with strong core values and a no-limits mind-set who demonstrates integrity, objectivity, and consistent results using global best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in addition to 8 years of business experience including 3-5 years content development experience
- Strong background in conference/event management (strongly desired)
- C-level technology executive conference and/or product experience (strongly desired)
- An in-depth understanding of the IT industry and the role of the CIO (strongly desired)
- Familiarity with broad spectrum of business-management disciplines (strongly desired)
- Budget-management and financial-forecasting experience
- Ability to build and leverage relationships both internally and externally
- Experience in supporting marketing/communications efforts to promote products
- Ability to identify, research, and define market opportunity
- New-product/conference development experience
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovation while executing flawlessly
- Expert skills at managing multiple priorities simultaneously
- Decision-making abilities
- Ability to objectively measure product success
Job Requisition ID:36857
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.