VP, Conference Content
VP, Program Management
What makes Gartner Conferences a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you'll be a part of a team that serves more than 75,000 business and technology leaders at 75+ global conferences each year. You’ll work with curious, motivated people, have unlimited growth opportunities, and learn about the latest in technology and business. Our Conferences team is growing in double digits and is positioned to exceed that growth in 2019 and beyond. If you enjoy challenging yourself, connecting with people and pushing the limits of your career, Gartner is the place for you.
This critical position is responsible for leading a team in charge of creating the strategy, content and experiences that make each of Gartner IT Summits in the European region the “must attend” conference for its target role and community.
The VP Program Management has 3 main missions:
- Effectively lead and grow a team of 4 Program Managers
- Drive PM activities to achieve growth, profitability and customer satisfaction objectives for the summit portfolio under the VP’s responsibility (either through the team or directly) by:
- orchestrating cross-functional collaboration around each summit
- delivering compelling conference agenda and experiences based on market and client needs, in close collaboration with Gartner Research
- Develop a successful regional strategy, aligning with global product directions and leveraging regional dynamics and resources
Specifically, the VP has the following responsibilities:
- Lead a team of Program Managers: identifying, nurturing, and developing talent through strong team leadership and coaching.
- Build a culture of excellence, continuous improvement and accountability; cultivating a growth mindset that embraces change, scalable innovation, and global best practices.
- Develop conferences, portfolio and regional strategies in collaboration with other stakeholders, including identifying key market opportunities and growth strategies for the event portfolio (e.g new event launches, mergers, and portfolio evolutions…)
- Conduct market and client research and analysis to deeply understand market trends and client needs in support of product development (e.g surveys, advisory boards, focus groups, client feedback and behaviour data, research reports etc…)
- Create “must attend” client-focused programs by:
- Building — in close collaboration with Research partners, agendas that showcase compelling insights aligned to clients’ mission-critical priorities
- Identifying and securing high impact guest speakers (e.g keynote, case studies…)
- Defining target audiences and create strong positioning and value propositions for the different audience segments for each conference
- Innovating conference experiences, content and formats to drive client delight and retention
- Advancing and reflecting Gartner values through our programs (e.g diversity, sustainability, integrity…)
- Work closely with key stakeholders including:
- Marketing and audience acquisition teams, to create messaging and campaigns that drive attendee growth and retention
- Sales to identify prospective exhibitors, articulate the value proposition, and support sales growth and retention
- Operations to ensure we deliver a great attendee and exhibitor experience in an efficient and cost-effective way
- Other Business Units (Research Sales, Consulting, Product…) to ensure summits are a powerful showcase and growth platform for the different Gartner services
- Identify and evaluate key competitive events for each of the conferences and articulate our competitive value proposition
- Proven track record of leading successful teams and portfolios in a high-growth, fast changing environment
- Excellent people manager with the ability to motivate and drive great results from a team of highly skilled Program Managers, through effective leadership and continuous coaching
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative global matrix environment, with strong stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communicator, with effective presentation skills and executive presence
- Exceptional thinker and strategist, able to make data-driven decisions and solve complex problems
- Individual with strong growth mindset who always demonstrates curiosity, integrity, accountability and the ability to embracing and drive change
- 10+ years business experience including strong track record in conference management or content program planning (including content strategy, development and execution)
- Proven ability to identify, research, define market opportunities, and develop strategies that maximize commercial success, and overcome challenges/risks.
- Experience in driving or supporting audience and sponsorship acquisition with high commercial impact (strongly desired)
- Familiarity/interest in Technology markets and critical priorities of IT leaders (preferred)
- Experience with large, complex multi-day/multi-track conference programs (preferred)
- Global/multinational event experience strongly preferred
- Expert at managing multiple projects and priorities
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovation while executing flawlessly and aligning with global best practices
- Ability to analyse data, metrics for effective assessment, performance tracking and decision-making
- Ability to accommodate moderate travel, including international
- Bachelor’s Degree; MBA preferred
Job Requisition ID:44311
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.