Sr. Director, Enterprise Management and Monitoring, Gartner Research
The successful candidate is an expert in Enterprise Monitoring and Management. The candidate will focus on written and customer-facing deliverables aimed at the technical staff who face the challenges of monitoring traditional and cloud-based resources.
Key areas of focus include infrastructure monitoring methodologies and processes, approaches and tools with experience in discovery, event management, logging and alerts. The candidate ideally has experience in tools such as Microsoft Systems Center, VMware vCenter, DataDog, Splunk, New Relic, SolarWinds, Dynatrace, AppDynamic, HP OpenView, or cloud monitoring tool experience with AWS, Azure, Google and other Cloud IaaS platforms.
The candidate will focus on written and customer-facing deliverables aimed at the technical staff who face the challenges of monitoring traditional and cloud-based resources.
Day-to-Day Job Functions
- Collaboratively write and publish analysis and positions at a regular cadence through evidence based research
- Create compelling research on Infrastructure Monitoring, aimed at technical audience
- Provide professional representation of Gartner’s brand, research, insights, and analysis to technical teams in Gartner’s client base
- Provide insights to clients through phone inquiries and through face to face interactions
- Apply personal experience and technical expertise to an array of clients, situations and industries
- Communicate complex concepts concisely and with authority
- Work with Gartner Sales executives to attract, engage and retain Gartner customers.
- Balance written research deliverables; telephone and email client contacts, conferences, webinars and travel requests
- Proactively contribute to thought leadership and research communities
- Experience with engineering monitoring solutions operations and policies to drive proactive alerts and notification.
- Ability to define how operational teams automate proactive actions to proactively solve problems through automation
- Experience working with technical architecture and implementation teams
- Must be comfortable with the idea of writing 4-6 documents/year of 20-30 pages
- Robust public speaking, presentation creation and delivery – cogently leading executive level engagements in high profile enterprises
Job Requisition ID:30189
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.