Sr Director Analyst
As a Gartner analyst you will meet with clients every day: on the phone, in a video-conference, from the stage at a Gartner event, or face-to-face during a sales support visit. In every client interaction, our team helps clients solve difficult organization, process, and people challenges that lead to better business performance.
To support these conversations, you should be a thought leader in how IT leaders, especially application leaders, can overcome their biggest challenges today, while researching application and digital product leadership practices and trends and producing written research for Gartner clients to download and apply. You will need to:
- Conduct research and perform analysis on application portfolio management and governance, application rationalization, and application and digital product strategy.
- Provide thought leadership on strategic topics such as the Future of Applications, and the changing role of the applications organization in the enterprise.
- Deliver high quality actionable advice through a variety of media.
- Write high quality, clear, actionable, advisory research documents.
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within these specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas such as digital platforms and digital transformation.
- Respond to client questions, create and deliver content to clients in person, via teleconference, video conference or webinar and event presentations. Working with senior leaders facing major challenges, guiding and validating their strategies but also having the courage to suggest they should change course, where appropriate.
- Maintain Gartner’s industry leadership reputation by responding to press inquiries
- Proactively work with the wider sales organization and deliver outstanding sales support in order to retain and grow the business
Qualifications and Job Requirements
It helps to be obsessed with your topic! Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you need to know the ins and outs of how enterprises lead delivery of software applications and digital products, and be able to see the forest and the trees. Most Gartner analysts have many years of experience and enjoy solving complex problems.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in an application strategy or development leadership role, software engineering management, product management, management consultant, or leadership coaching.
- Subject matter expertise in Applications and Product Leadership, with demonstrated knowledge of how application leaders run their organizations to respond effectively to the challenges of digital transformation, growing application portfolios, and adoption of agile development and product centric application management. These challenges trigger the need to make significant changes in culture and talent management, budgeting and financial management, and operating model and organization structure.
- Ability to formulate and articulate technology and business adoption scenarios that help senior IT leaders assess the opportunities, risk, and best approaches for modernizing their software delivery organization to meet the challenge of digital business. Vertical industry knowledge a plus, especially in the industries most advanced with digital.
- Ability to collaborate in cross-team settings with colleagues who cover agile and devOps, digital product management, as well as technology service providers and industry specific analysts, such as healthcare and financial services.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns while drawing and defending conclusions. Strong business acumen as well as analytical skills are required for this position
- Articulate and succinct communication skills, both written and verbal. Experience in writing / publishing to a wide audience is an advantage.
- Experience in public speaking, with talent as an outstanding speaker a distinct advantage.
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience, preferably Computer Science, Software Engineering, or IT Management; a Master's degree is a plus
- Ability to conduct occasional travel, regionally and globally – in the range of 20-30%
Job Requisition ID:36874
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.