Sr Director Analyst, IT Performance Management Research
Gartner’s Research and Advisory analysts exist to equip leaders in their client organizations with indispensable insights, advice and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities and build the successful organizations of tomorrow. This role is focused on providing Midsize Enterprise (MSE) clients with research and advisory insights on how leading MSE CIOs are helping drive enterprise change.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a growing team of Gartner analysts working in an exciting and dynamic sector, MSEs. We are looking for an exceptional thinker, writer, communicator and influencer who can create and maintain a body of indispensable research and analysis pertaining to leading the Information and Technology functions in a MSE effectively and that MSEs will use to transform their business. This includes not only operational attributes such as financial management, performance metrics, budgeting and cost optimization, but also key aspects such as leadership, the evolving role of the CIO in a MSE, talent management and how to drive transformational initiatives such as digital business.
Day-to-Day Job Functions
- Create insightful and actionable research content around the topics of Leading IT in a MSE, including but not limited to; business cost optimization, IT performance management, financial /economic issues around information technology, strategy, governance and leadership.
- Collaboratively write and publish analysis, positions and insights at a regular cadence through fact based research.
- Provide professional representation of Gartner’s brand, research, insights, and analysis to MSE CIOs and other senior executives in every interaction.
- Collaborate with other Gartner analysts to identify trends and impacts that can be modified and right sized that MSEs can use.
- Provide insights to clients through live web inquiries and through face to face interactions that solve their challenges and make them think
- Apply personal experience to interactions with context that engages an array of clients, situations geographies and industries.
- Communicate Gartner research concisely and with authority
- Contribute to growth efforts through Proof of Concepts to attract, engage and retain MSE CIOs and their teams as Gartner clients.
- Create content for and deliver face-to-face before large and small audiences either live or through social media.
- Proactively contribute to thought leadership and research communities in areas beyond your subject matter expertise.
- Minimum 15 years as a MSE CIO or Head of Digital Transformation.
- Demonstrable track record of delivering exceptional results through effective leadership working collaboratively with CEO/Owner, CFO, COO Sales, CMO or equivalent executives
- Experience leading business transformation programs where information and technology required a critical level of cultural change, leadership skills and development of new competencies
- Experience in different industries is a plus.
- Experience in transitioning from a large enterprise to an MSE is a plus.
- Excellent skills in research, analysis, writing and collaboration
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data from many sources.
- Robust public speaking, presentation creation and delivery – cogently leading executive level engagements MSEs.
Job Requisition ID:31696
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.