Sr. Director, Analyst Cloud Security
IaaS, PaaS, XaaS… Adoption of cloud computing is massive, and growth is accelerating. Security risks are everywhere and expanding in complexity and potential impact. Security solutions and practices such as Cloud Workload Protection Platforms, Cloud Security Posture Management, CSP security validation/review, secure use of serverless computing, secure provision of software defined perimeters (SDP) and security governance of XaaS, emerge rapidly and evolve even quicker. Are you ready to dig into technical security tools and practices for cloud security governance, IaaS and PaaS? If so, Gartner needs to you to help our clients secure their operations in this highly dynamic market.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team to create and maintain a body of Gartner research and analysis concerning trends in technology and practices for security management of IaaS/PaaS with a focus on rapidly emerging and disruptive solutions and markets.
The research will focus on providing insight, thought-leading predictions and actionable advice to Gartner clients. The successful candidate will produce written and customer-facing deliverables that retain and grow Gartner’s value in enterprise accounts.
In your new role, you will:
- Perform research by reading, networking with clients, industry contacts, vendors and analysts, and by evaluating and analyzing information.
- Create specified written research in fulfilment of Gartner's commitment to clients (between 4 & 8 documents per year, targeting IT leaders in end user organizations).
- Respond to 300-400 client inquiries per year, providing individualized advice to Gartner clients (CIOs, CISOs, security managers).
- Present at 3-4 Gartner conferences per year as an industry expert. Gartner’s conferences occur throughout the year in locations distributed across the globe.
- Support sales efforts by speaking to prospective and existing clients by telephone and through face-to-face sales calls.
- Take press calls relevant to research expertise areas to promote the Gartner brand.
- Bachelor's degree in related field; Masters (MSEE or MBA) preferred
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in an organization encompassing architecture, design, implementation and on-going operation of security tools and processes for cloud and cloud security governance adoption and utilization.
- A knowledge of the vendor landscape and subtending product portfolios is strongly preferred including the following representative vendors: Akamai, Amazon, Azure, Google, Skyhigh/McAfee, Bitglass, Proofpoint, Illumio, Netskope, Alert Logic, Crowdstrike, VMWare, Palo Alto Networks, Luminate, Unisys, CloudPassage,
- Follows trends in cloud security management
- Follows trends in management of cloud security governance
- Experience in selection of security tools for IaaS, PaaS and security governance
- Deployment and management of tools for IaaS, PaaS and security governance
- Management practices for promoting secure utilization of IaaS and PaaS in end user organizations
- Strong financial and business acumen, strong attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of market research, data collection and analysis
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply.
- Strong time/project management skills.
- A strong team working ethos.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer committed to the value of workforce diversity.
Job Requisition ID:30183
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.