Sr Conference Planner
Senior Event Planner -Gartner
Location - office based - Staines Upon Thames Tw20 9AH
Travel - 20%, Flexibility to travel to events is required
Portfolio – EMEA and NA Business Conferences portfolio
- The Senior Event Planner will plan, organise, and execute event logistics with guidance from Senior Conference Manager from initial stages of development, through on-site and conference wrap-up.
- Effective project management including ownership and adherence of timelines and templates to accurately track and evaluate results on overall projects.
- Work with manager on cost negotiations, proposals, contracting and terms and conditions for suppliers
- Track, forecast and reconcile personally owned areas of event budgets
- Source temporary staff for events and manage communication, training and on-site schedule
- Manage the sourcing, cost negotiation and ordering of all fulfilment items
- Manage equipment inventory, storage and shipment of materials to and from events
- Plan and manage all on site event signage and branding
- Manage the technical requirements required for each area and ensure each supplier delivers as per the requirements
- Assisting in leading key event partners to the delivery aspects of the events
- Co-ordinate travel and accommodation arrangements for attendees and event team
- Co-ordinate external speaker logistics
- Analyst and crew pre-event communication and onsite Analyst point person
- Actively participate in the process of improving event features and programs (attendee experience and journey, one-on- ones, lounges, VIP opportunities, special events and activities. Provide detailed feedback on improvement opportunities for projects you support
- Constantly evaluate the experience, feedback and results then implement changes accordingly. Create detailed post-event analysis reports and event de-briefs for review with manager/operations leads.
- Communicate and collaboration across event teams to ensure seamless delivery of first class events
- Be a key member of the global event operations team – build effective relationships with peers in all regions, take and share best practices and continuously raise the level of our event!
- Flawless client experience with high client satisfaction scores and strong client retention
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships, both internally and externally
- New processes implemented that will help to improve operational efficiency of the team
- Exceptional operational efficiency
- Global event operations team
- Event Production, Sales and Marketing teams
- Research, Sales, Executive Programs, Consulting, Finance, Global counterparts in APAC and NA
- Third party event partners, venues & hotels
- Bachelor’s degree with focus on events and/or marketing preferred, but not critical
- 3-4 years of business meeting planning experience
- Proven budget experience
- Exceptional communication and collaboration across events team, event partners and key stakeholders to ensure effective implementation of the processes and sharing ideas from events.
- In depth knowledge of hotel, travel and meeting planning business is required, particularly in terms of normal service expectations.
Key Competencies/ Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills - team player who works well with others, together reaching challenging goals under very tight deadlines.
- Client focused - superior customer service skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to multitask - high sense of urgency.
- Effective organisational, project, team and time management skills.
- Effective financial skills.
- Excellent computer skills – advanced Excel skills required.
- Passionate, Energetic & Enthusiastic
- Strategic Thinker - Self-motivated, collaborative and solution oriented
- Curious and inquisitive, creative and innovative
- Able to identify potential impacts from individual decisions and finds suitable solutions to propose.
- Willingness to travel - attend Gartner Events to lead operational requirements and onsite teams
Job Requisition ID:36850
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.