Sr. Bid Manager
This role will reduce Span of Control for Deal Hub Directors by managing a small number of associates along with a reduced Bid Mgr territory. This will also provide an opportunity for high-potential Bid Managers to develop the skills necessary to be considered for Deal Hub Director.
Major Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
- Continue with responsibilities of a Bid Manager, with a territory reduction of 40-60%
- Effectively lead and manage a team of 2 to 4 Bid Managers in the achievement of tasks and goals aligned to the execution of the Deal Hub strategy
- Establish regular calls with Sales and Business Unit leaders to build relationships and drive positive business outcomes
- Act as point of contact for all direct reports with complicated deals that require escalation either to Subject Matter Experts or from Sales
- Act as escalation point for Sales RVPs aligned to their team with complicated and/or urgent deals
Impact of Role: Expected Results
- Give time back to Deal Hub Directors by managing a small team
- Provide additional escalation points for both internal Deal Hub team as well as Sales requests
- Develop leadership skills necessary to be considered for future Deal Hub Director Role or other Gartner leadership roles
This role will build relationships with Sales leadership, SME leadership and Deal Hub senior leadership teams
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent/equivalent work experience
3+ years experience in the Deal Hub; plus at least 1 year spent as a Domain Expert.
Technical/ Professional Skills & Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- ability to work as part of a global/virtual team
- strong time management and organizational skills
- CRM (Siebel) experience strongly preferred
- Previous management experience a plus
Job Requisition ID:31620
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.