Senior Director, Performance Management and Cost to Serve Analysis
About this role:
A Performance Management & Cost to Serve analyst in the Supply Chain practice advises end-user clients on performance management and cost to serve best practices using metrics and cost-to-serve data to drive organizational performance, shape outcomes and make conscious trade-off decisions. The focus is primarily related to supporting end-user clients in the manufacturing sector across major industries including retail and healthcare providers.
What you’ll do:
- Broad end-to-end supply chain coverage and support for the CSCO role and senior direct reports responsible for strategy, performance management and cost-to-serve capabilities.
- Drive research on performance management and cost-to-serve strategy and best practices in supply chain for all subsectors of manufacturing including but not limited to CPG, apparel and footwear, high tech, industrial, chemical and process, automotive and A&D. Secondary industries to support include retail, distributors and healthcare providers
- Responsible for conducting research and writing in-depth reports and shorter notes that demonstrate a mastery of best practices and strategies to guide user decision-making in supply chain strategy and execution for these topics. Proficiency in developing graphics and converting written content to presentation materials is an advantage
- Responsible for ongoing publication of research notes that are topical, based on case studies or follow on from research reports to generate client readership and interaction.
- Part of content creation will be to identify and leverage current research, published notes or presentations that can be contextualized to this specific role and set of topics
- Conduct ongoing interaction with clients and prospects in these roles (including meetings, conference calls, strategy sessions and formal presentations).
- Prepare and deliver high-value presentations and other materials at Gartner, industry and professional association conferences, and client briefings Collaborate across research groups to ensure presentations and messages comprehensively represent best practices.
- Support the Gartner sales team in closing deals through proof of capability discussions, remote or on-site.
- Produce innovative, thought-leading, impactful, analytically-deep, fact-based research.
- Lead the research process by identifying critical questions facing Gartner clients and crafting appropriate research methods to address them. Provide in-depth analysis based on extensive client input and personal experience.
- Drive client demand for your personal analysis and presentations.
- Lead a body of research and be recognized in the industry as a subject matter expert i.e. develop a following.
- Assist the Sales organization in selling and retention on best practices and trends in this space. Ability to demonstrate research value leading to successful sales.
- Provide high quality and timely research peer review. Provide mentorship and support team members.
- Lead or participate in research community meetings to discuss research issues and collaborate effectively with peers.
- Thought-leadership in establishing research positions across a team of analysts.
- Credibility as an industry leader to represent Gartner research methodology and strategies.
What you’ll need:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties in a strategic, analytical and articulate manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Located in the UK/EU. Prefer a candidate who has performance management and cost-to-serve experience and has worked closely with the CSCO, head of supply chain and SC functions including key processes such as S&OP. Preferred candidate should have a good understanding of the end-to-end supply chain with a background in SC finance to be considered.
- 15+ years of experience in supply chain or supporting supply chain functions, with demonstrated expertise.
- Deep understanding of the end-to-end supply chain, and ability to link best practices, business strategies, goals & metrics to client’s business strategies.
- Ability to interact at all levels of an organization on supply chain and business issues.
- Ability to represent and defend analysis in client interactions.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills. Written work must be concise and persuasive.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical skills; applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing and defending conclusions. Strong business and financial acumen as well as analytical skills are required for this position.
Job Requisition ID:30784
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.