Senior Director, Applications and Product Leadership, Flexible Location
Senior Director, Applications and Product Leadership
What you will do:
As a Gartner analyst you will meet with clients every day: on the phone, in a video-conference, from the stage at a Gartner event, or face-to-face during a sales support visit. In every client interaction, analysts help clients solve difficult puzzles that lead to better business performance. To support these conversations, you will research application and digital product leadership practices and trends, and produce written research for Gartner clients to download and apply. Gartner analysts:
- Conduct research and perform analysis in specific areas of expertise targeting our clients’ key initiatives.
- Deliver high quality actionable advice through a variety of media.
- Write high quality, clear, actionable, advisory research documents.
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within these specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas.
- Respond to client questions, create and deliver content to clients in person, via teleconference, video conference or webinar and event presentations
- Maintain Gartner’s industry leadership reputation by responding to press inquiries
- Proactively work with the wider sales organization and deliver outstanding sales support in order to retain and grow the business
Qualifications and Job Requirements
It helps to be obsessed with your topic! Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you need to know the ins and outs of how enterprises lead delivery of software applications and digital products, and be able to see the forest and the trees. Most Gartner analysts have many years of experience and enjoy solving complex problems.
- Subject matter expertise in Applications and Product Leadership, with demonstrated knowledge of software development trends, and emerging best practices for enterprise agile at scale, DevOps, and digital product management.
- Ability to formulate and articulate technology and business adoption scenarios that help senior IT leaders assess the opportunities, risk, and best approaches for modernizing their software delivery organization to meet the challenge of digital business. Vertical industry knowledge a plus, especially in the industries most advanced with digital.
- Ability to collaborate in cross-team settings with colleagues who cover application strategy and governance, application modernization, agile practices such as Scrum, XP, and Kanban, as well as technology service providers and industry specific analysts, such as healthcare and financial services.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns while drawing and defending conclusions. Strong business acumen as well as analytical skills are required for this position
- Articulate and succinct communication skills. Experience in publishing and public speaking engagements is an advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in an application strategy or development role, software engineering management, product management, agile coach, or similar role.
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience, preferably Computer Science, Software Engineering, or IT Management; a Master's degree is a plus
- Ability to conduct occasional travel, regionally and globally
Job Requisition ID:33092
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.