I&O Backup, Disaster Recovery and High Availability Expert, Flexible Location - UK/Europe, Gartner Research & Advisory
Gartner for Technical Professionals (GTP) teams are highly collaborative groups of industry analysts. Members work together to produce research that answers the most pressing questions being asked by technical professionals in government, commercial and not-for-profit organizations. Research is delivered in the form of written documents, presentations, dialogues, videos, blogs, and other forms of social media. A GTP analyst is an articulate thought-leader, and also an inquisitive student. The ideal candidate will have a hands-on practitioner background from working in advanced technical roles (e.g. Director of Application Development, Software or Solution Architect, Software Developer, CTO of a smaller organization, etc.)
What You'll Do:
- Develop thought leading research deliverables.
- Work with clients on strategic and tactical technology challenges.
- Deliver presentations at Gartner events, including Catalyst, Summits, and Symposia.
- Work with software vendors on product direction.
- Attain industry leadership by responding to press inquiries and speaking at industry events.
- Support Gartner sales with client visits and consultation.
- Contribute to research and agenda planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Need::
- GTP is seeking an experienced technical professional with network architecture or engineering knowledge. Qualified candidates will demonstrate expertise in three or more of the following areas:
- Experience with backup and recovery architecture and services implementation, including both on-premises and cloud-based scenarios.
- Expertise with disaster recovery architecture, implementation and support. Hands-on experience with replication (synchronous and asynchronous), RTO/RPO, Operating System imaging, virtualization snapshots or with vendors such as IBM, iLand, Microsoft, Recovery Point, Sungard or VMware would be advantageous.
- Expertise in Backup and Recovery software architecture, implementation and support. Hands-on experience with solutions like Arcserve, Commvault, Dell EMC, IBM, Rubrik, Quest Software, Veeam, Veritas or others would be advantageous.
- Expertise in public cloud-based backup and recovery services. Hands-on experience with solutions AWS, Google Cloud Platform, IBM Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Office 365, or Oracle Cloud would be advantageous.
- Expertise with public cloud-based DR architecture, implementation and support. Hands-on experience with AWS, Google Cloud Platform, IBM Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Office 365, or Oracle Cloud would be advantageous.
- Expertise with on premises and public cloud-based high availability (HA) architecture, implementation and support. Hands-on experience with application delivery controllers (load balancers), network load balancing, hyperscale cloud solutions or infrastructure monitoring and automation would be advantageous.
- Expertise with general Infrastructure and Operations architecture, implementation and support. Hands-on experience with enterprise compute, storage and networking configurations especially as to how they related to backup, recovery and disaster recovery would be advantageous.
- Experience with software-defined infrastructure such as server virtualization, software-defined storage or software defined networking. Specific expertise with technologies from Citrix, Dell EMC, Microsoft, Netapp, Oracle, Red Hat, VMware or others would be advantageous.
- Demonstrated expertise in DR planning, exercises, testing and documentation.
- Technology Team Leadership (e.g. project management, development/QA/test team management)
- The successful candidate has substantial expertise and is likely to be viewed as an evangelist for these topics in industry or within an enterprise.
- Candidates may come from an end user environment, hardware vendor, software vendor or cloud provider in the product team, creative design shop as a supplier and/or a consulting background in this space.
- Whilst hands-on technical knowledge and experience is critical, it is equally important that the successful candidate can see beyond design to meet business and commercial aims.
- Excellent writing and research skills, coupled with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, including small to large audiences (500+ people)
- Excellent collaboration skills, able to graciously give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to take a position, based on facts, and support that position to clients, both external and internal, with clear analysis. Willingness to openly consider new information. “Strong opinions, weakly held.”
- Broad knowledge of industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Ability to identify how changing technologies will impact technology choices in architectural decisions.
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time, mostly within the region (EMEA/NA depending on home base), some international travel.
What We Offer:
In addition to our competitive base salary, our benefits are first class. We offer:
- Comprehensive medical plan options with low employee contributions, including prescription drug coverage as well as Dental and Vision plans
- 401K with company contribution and aggressive vesting schedule
- Company paid life insurance, long-term disability pay, short-term disability pay, and optional supplemental insurance
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
- Competitive Paid Time Off plan with additional paid holidays
This position may be remote and based in North America (East Coast) or Europe.
Job Requisition ID:30188
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.