Senior Consultant, IT Strategy Consulting, Security, UK
Why is Gartner Consulting an organization unlike any other? Our consultants are technology and business thought leaders for the 21st century. With the full scope of Gartner’s renowned research and capabilities to draw from, our consultants are committed to turning those insights into actionable solutions for our clients. That’s where you come in. We’re committed to attracting the most creative, talented, and motivated associates to bring our world-class consultancy to the next level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you’ll lead the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. You’ll work across Gartner to help senior leaders and their teams execute their most strategic initiatives and achieve lasting results - all within the context of a rapidly evolving digital economy.
Senior Consultant, IT Strategy Consulting, Security
Who we are:
Gartner’s Consulting business is an extension of Gartner’s industry-leading IT Research. From CIOs, to leaders in business and government, we help Gartner clients across enterprises translate insights into transformational actions and achieve their mission-critical priorities. Leveraging the breadth of Gartner’s resources, Consulting is growing rapidly, with unlimited potential to continue expanding our client base.
What we do:
Technology Strategy Consulting. We help the C-suite make the right decisions based on how technology can transform their businesses. In today’s world, a consulting firm that is “born digital”, (with the ability to directly leverage the full power of Gartner’s research and insights) has relevance to the most important strategic decisions any business will make.
We deliver value to clients in areas such as IT Strategy Consulting, Benchmarking, Analytics and Optimization. Typically, this helps Gartner’s clients to execute on their strategic priorities, across all sectors, including:
- Digital Acceleration and Transformation
- Enterprise Enablement
- Big Data and Analytics
- Applications Rationalization
- Cloud Strategy
- Sourcing and Ecosystem Optimization
- Contract and Cost Optimization
- Security and Risk Management
What you’ll do
Our security Senior Consultants are part of a high impact project delivery team. You will be acting as a security lead and visionary across multiple security domains. You will be interacting with some of the worlds largest organizations working with them to define and architect cutting edge solutions to address their challenges.
In most cases you will be breaking new ground and defining new concepts within security. You will be defining the designs and blueprints to enable the solutions you design to be implemented, you will identify the technologies and that will be required for your designs and defining the success metrics that will be required to measure the success of your designs.
What you’ll need
- Be able to communicate to highly technical security engineers and SME but also be able to step out of the technical domains and be able to articulate those same complex technical designs to wider business audience
- Excellent design experience in at least one or more of the following security domains: IAM, SOC, Cloud Security, DevSecOps, Network Security
- Excellent understanding of the current and emerging technologies that are used in the relevant domains areas of your expertise
- Comfortable in designing future state architectures, developing financial models for those architectures and conduct detailed options analysis to support business cases
- Familiarity with architecture best practice and frameworks such as TOGAF, SABSA, etc
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred
Who you are:
- Comfortable taking direction and building trust-based, value-added relationships with team members and senior executives
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- A consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
Gartner is the world’s leading research and advisory company, offering information, advice and tools for business leaders. We provide objective and invaluable insights to our C-level executive clients, where we guide them to achieve the mission-critical priorities of their organization. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and now employ over 17,000 associates globally and support 12,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Our awards and accolades:
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
- Forbes America’s Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019 & 2020
Job Requisition ID:48465
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.