Security Operations (SIEM, MSS, MDR), Senior Director Analyst
North America or EMEA based
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to 60,000 clients in 11,700 distinct organizations.
Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has over 14,500 associates, including 1,250 research analysts and consultants, and clients in over 90 countries.
For more information, please visit us at https://jobs.gartner.com/
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
Do you strive to be part of a team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage? Are you someone that is always learning and looking to discover what’s next in technology? If so, Gartner is looking for you! At Gartner, we provide an upbeat culture that thrives on teamwork, integrity and objectivity. Through constant learning and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on key initiatives, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity.
About this role:
This role is responsible for providing thought leading security operations research content to our security and risk management clients through published research, client inquiry, stage presentations, teleconferences, and client meetings. It is important that you have a vision for how security operations will evolve worldwide and at a regional level.
What you’ll do:
- Track current conditions and anticipate future directions for managed security services (MSS), managed detection and response (MDR), and security information and event management (SIEM) markets, help clients in their selection process and assist vendors in overall market positioning.
- Conduct on-going research and analysis in specific areas of expertise targeting client’s key initiatives.
- Deliver high quality actionable advice to a global client base through a variety of media.
- Write high quality, clear, actionable, advisory research documents.
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within these specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas.
- Respond to client inquiries, create materials for and deliver to clients in person, via teleconference, video conference or webinar and event presentations
- Maintain the company's industry leadership reputation by responding to press inquiries
- Proactively work with the wider sales organization and deliver outstanding sales support in order to retain and grow the business
What you’ll need:
- Subject matter expertise in MSS, MDR, and SIEM, security analytics and vulnerability management.
- Knowledge of the global landscape, and the competitive interplay between incumbents, emerging providers and disruptors General, high-level experiences with other areas of concern for security operations such as establishing and managing a security operations center (SOC), security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR), targeted attack detection and incident response, threat intelligence, and penetration testing.
- Practical experience working at a global scale, with teams that are remote from each other and often working independently.
- Demonstrated superior analytical skills, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns while drawing and defending conclusions. Strong business and financial acumen are required for this position as is the ability to easily and quickly adapt during client conversation based on different clients’ topical needs.
- Articulate and succinct communication skills. Publishing and Speaking engagements an advantage
- 10-12 years of experience in a research or technology related role
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience, Master's degree preferred
- Ability to conduct occasional travel, regionally and globally
Job Requisition ID:36172
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.