Product Analyst, (Retention Programs) role
The Product Analyst role is based at Gartner’s Europe headquarters in Egham, UK. The Product Analyst will lead a portfolio of programs and/or tools to boost client retention. This innovative position requires strong analytical skills, intellectual curiosity, solid communication skills, and above all, hunger to receive and act on feedback to consistently improve.
The role is a perfect balance between strategy and operations. It touches all aspects of our corporate strategy:
- Client focus: In order to retain customers, we need to ensure our research and advisory services are insightful and aligned with client priorities. We also need to ensure our client-facing sales and service teams are collaborating to deliver strong value to our clients.
- Operational effectiveness: This team operates like a strategy team within our company. Our team members leverage some of the same tools that startups/ tech firms use to innovate: piloting programs and developing roll out plans, managing a P&L of deals and building strategies to spend your time, and developing plans to scale using automation and other technologies.
- Professional development: Gartner, and the product management team place a high premium on professional development. This team has grown from 2 people to >50 over the last 6 years. There are a number of opportunities to take on challenging projects that will build the necessary skillsets to progress within the organization. Members of this team have been promoted within the team and to roles in product development, business operations, sales operations, and sales. We also have a robust 360 deg feedback and performance review process that enables a clear definition of objectives and success.
- Improvement and innovation: This product team has a long history of developing innovations and driving improvements. We develop data-informed strategies through extensive analysis and work with stakeholders across Gartner to roll out and improve programs that drive benefit for our business and our clients. For example, we are now working on a detection system that can help predict risks to our renewals and boost retention. The team examines wins and losses each quarter and has a track record of launching new programs that have grown from pilots to full teams. The team leads a fortnightly retention progress review with the CEO, all Sales leads and many BU heads.
As a valued member of our organization, it is important that the Product Analyst consistently exhibits all aspects of the Gartner culture which is based on 5 core values.Integrity: Do the right thing.Objectivity: Be independent and unbiased in everything we do.No-limits mindset: See opportunities where others don't; never settle for the status quo.Collaboration: Work together in teams to accomplish more than what is possible individually.Results: Execute consistently using global best practices.
- Lead programs and/or tools to improve client retention and growth
- Collaborate with account teams across a subset of Gartner’s revenue base, to mitigate risks and apply processes and tools to achieve strong financial performance
- Work with sales and service teams and our India Center of Excellence to help create a strong business case for renewal and growth of your client portfolio
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis to help develop solutions to retention problems; working with cross-functional teams to implement these solutions
- Develop approaches to drive efficiency in everything we do; Scale across transaction sizes, geos, sales/service groups etc
- For any products we develop, apply lean product principles, manage and prioritize product backlog and ensure clear communication of product vision and roadmap to various stakeholders and the SCRUM team
- Consistent collection of feedback from clients or relevant stakeholders of the programs/tools for continuous improvement
- Work on change management initiatives to ensure adoption and quality of the tools and processes
- Establish and manage a portfolio of performance metrics to maximize the benefits of programs and/or tools
- Perform analysis and critical thinking which drives proactive and collaborative business decisions
The ideal candidate will have;
- BA/BS in Business, Marketing, Finance, Sciences, or Engineering from a top university or equivalent experience; Masters a plus
- 1-2 years of experience in relevant field
- Strong quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills
- Track record of using interpersonal skills to gain momentum by understanding diverse stakeholders
- Experience in presenting and communicating ideas to key stakeholders across businesses; client-facing experience is a plus but not required
- Ability to work collaboratively with our Gartner team; demonstrated success in collaboration across stakeholders is a plus
- Strong bias for action and completion
- Hunger for constantly improving; openness to receive feedback to improve
- Strong capability to develop, organize, and lead initiatives
- Strong appetite to learn and apply in new areas
- Interest in technology and sales productivity are a plus
- Competitive compensation and exceptional benefits
- Free on site gym membership with Nuffield Health
- An upbeat, positive working environment
- Limitless career growth
- World class training & coaching.
- A great office with a restaurant, Starbucks, a rooftop terrace and great transport links to central London and Heathrow airport
Job Requisition ID:33877
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.