Downstream Oil & Gas Technology CIO Thought Partner, Gartner Research & Advisory - Work at Home, Flexible Location, UK/Europe
Senior Director, Analyst – Oil & Gas Technology – Gartner Research
Gartner is recruiting for a Senior Director, Analyst with global experience in Information Technology and Software Applications as applied in the global Oil & Gas industry as well as its supply chains. The candidate should have experience working within or closely with the IT organization, developing, managing or implementing IT initiatives linked to the company’s strategic business initiatives.
Candidates should have expertise allowing them to advise Gartner O&G CIO clients concerning:
- Key technologies that O&G organizations track, assess and utilize to enhance operational excellence and control complex operations
- Information Technology innovation initiatives in the Oil & Gas industry (e.g. advanced analytics, digital oil fields, remote and automated operations, asset care and optimization)
- Innovation through the application of Digital Technologies
- Vendors supporting technologies unique to this market
As a Senior Director, Analyst, the candidate will collaborate with other team members to identify and research topics of significant interest in the Oil & Gas Industry. This individual must be familiar with the processes, drivers and challenges of Oil & Gas companies and their customers and partners, as well as host governments and societies. The individual should understand the activity cycles surrounding the deployment and implementation of digital technologies used in the production and refining of Oil & Gas. Knowledge about the entire value chain of Oil & Gas (Upstream, Midstream and Downstream) is desirable.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a dynamic presence in front of a live audience. This position requires the ability to work with C-level executives within the client base. You will be responsible for the development of forward thinking, compelling and actionable recommendations and contributions to the research agenda for the Oil and Gas market segment.
The candidate must be a strategic thinker with solid business as well as technology expertise, able to efficiently multitask, and be able to deliver high quality targeted advice on time through a variety of channels. You will possess the ability to work in a self-directed manner within a highly collaborative team environment. Experience working remotely with geographically dispersed teams is desirable. Client contact will be a combination of face to face, email and on the phone/video conferencing. Exceptional time management and collaboration skills are required.
- Prepare thought-leading, actionable written research, working in a peer review structure
- Support inquiries from clients across multiple time zones
- Speak at Gartner or other conferences as a subject-matter expert
- Demonstrate skill at analysis - seeking out and piecing together fragments of information, extrapolating, building and applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing conclusions from partial data
- Attend vendor briefings, vendor events, client meetings or exhibitions as required to further Gartner’s research position
- Assist other parts of Gartner when required, for example: sales support; support to Gartner’s separate consulting division.
- 10+ years of recent experience in the Oil & Gas business
- 5 to 10 years of IT-related experience
- Understanding of digital innovation opportunities in Oil & Gas
- Technical knowledge of legacy IT solutions commonly used by Oil & Gas companies
- Experience implementing global technology solutions
- Familiarity with common procurement and sourcing models used by oil and gas companies
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Knowledge of vendors in this market, with emphasis on those serving mid- and downstream industry segments
- Ability to compare and contrast vendor offerings
- Excellent analytical skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required, Master’s degree or higher preferred
Job Requisition ID:30155
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.