Identity & Access Management Research Director, Gartner Research
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to 11,700 distinct organizations. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has 4,900 associates, including 1,250 research analysts and consultants, and clients in 85 countries.
* The Research Director performs information technology research in identity and access management (IAM) and delivers analysis, advice, and guidance for Gartner clients as needed. Further coverage of other information security or IT topics may be an option.
* Create specified volumes of written documentation of research (e. g. Research Notes, Reports, etc.) in fulfillment of our commitment to clients.
* Create materials for and deliver face-to-face, teleconferenced and taped presentations to clients.
* Visit client/prospects with sales for identification of opportunities
* Provide individualized advice for clients, which involves presentations regarding Gartner research and findings to individual companies or providing advice to a user or vendor client for a day or two
* Provide sales support by speaking to prospective and existing clients via telephone, by making face-to face sales calls with sales personnel and by delivering speeches at "prospectors" (half-day seminars whose purpose is attracting prospective clients)
* 10 plus years experience working within IT
* Bachelor's degree in related field; Masters preferred
* Broad knowledge and experience in information security, particularly in IAM or related areas
* Experience managing or working in a (preferably IAM) technology department for a user organization or as a product manager for a vendor, or as a consultant in the IT field.
* Strong communicator who is able to explain complex concepts concisely and simply, in both verbal and written response
* Excellent writing and speaking skills, potentially for very large audiences in both areas
* General knowledge of industry financials, pricing models for products and services
* Ability to be self-starting and work in a home-office environment
* Ability to work with others electronically, primarily by videoconference
* Credibility to represent Gartner research methodology and strategies effectively at a senior level
Coverage Areas for Research Director, Secure Business Enablement
Specific coverage areas for the IAM Research Director include (but are not limited to) planning, development, deployment, operations, products and services, and trends as a primary analyst in the following coverage areas:
- Access management (AM), which applies to software and cloud based services that use access control engines to provide centralized authentication, single sign-on (SSO), session management and authorization enforcement for target applications in multiple use cases.IAM cloud-based services (or IDaaS)
- Separation of Duties controls management for ERP systems
- User authentication and identity proofing
- IAM program management and governance, including vision and strategic planning; talent management; developing policies; controls and operational process; program maturity assessment
- IAM consulting, system integration, and managed/hosted services.
- Best practices for general IAM technology selection, procurement, and implementation and for IAM operations and governance
The analyst also may provide primary or secondary coverage (assisting primary analysts) of one or more of the following areas:
- Identity Governance and Administration tools: complete coverage including knowledge of the product market, best practices for requirements definitions and technology selection, and best practices for deployment and governance
- Privileged access management (PAM)
- The intersection of IAM with Data Security, Compliance, Human Resources, and other areas within the business
- Directory services functionality related specifically to IAM
This role may be based anywhere in EMEA
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer committed to the value of workforce diversity.
Job Requisition ID:27141
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.