HT Sales Specialist
High Tech Product Specialist that serves as a role based solutions expert who works with clients and Gartner sales associates to position and sell the high tech role based solutions.
Major Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
- Serves as a high tech role based solutions expert to develop and present customer solutions, sales proposals and close complex sales opportunities within the assigned territory.
- Identifies market opportunities and key decision makers and pursues/ closes relevant opportunities.
- Gathers detailed information about target accounts to develop an understanding of the client’s business objectives and how to best position solutions.
- Coaches Gartner sales associates on how to sell the high tech role based solutions and imparts an understanding of Gartner’s value proposition and pricing and sales processes related to creating proposals and closing sales.
- Called into accounts as opportunities are identified and works with the assigned account executives to advance sales cycles and close opportunities.
- Provides prospective clients with an understanding of our solutions and is able to position the unique advantages of our role based solutions over competitive offerings.
- Actively participates in the account planning process with account executives and sales managers in assigned territories.
- Develops marketing campaigns and programs to drive business growth within the assigned territory.
- Uses sales tools for accurate sales forecasting.
Impact of Role: Expected Results
- Grows the role based solutions business (e.g. GGM, GPT) in assigned region achieving $2+ million in revenue through new client acquisition and competitive win backs.
- Ensures successful client retention.
Internal: Sales leadership, management and account executives; Research, including TSP Research; Consulting; Executive Programs; Legal, Contracts and Pricing.
External: Clients and prospects
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Minimum 7 years experience in technology sales (i.e. services, software or hardware), or experience selling an intangible offering, with a proven track record of achieving and exceeding quotas.
Technical/ Professional Skills & Competencies
- Comprehensive understanding of the technology marketplace and technology provider go-to-market strategies
- Demonstrated ability to influence and persuade others internally and externally
- Proven ability to understand client and prospect business and technology issues and provide solutions that align to the client’s requirements
- Ability to sell in a complex, matrix environment
- Ability to transfer knowledge to others
- Proven ability to identify and manage internal resources
Job Requisition ID:28612
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.