End User Computing Expert, Flexible Europe Location, Gartner Research
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to 60,000 clients in 11,700 distinct organizations.
Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has over 14,500 associates, including 1,250 research analysts and consultants, and clients in over 90 countries.
For more information, please visit us at https://jobs.gartner.com/
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
Do you strive to be part of a team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage? Are you someone that is always learning and looking to discover what’s next in technology? If so, Gartner is looking for you! At Gartner, we provide an upbeat culture that thrives on teamwork, integrity and objectivity. Through constant learning and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on key initiatives, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity.
About this role:
- This role is responsible for providing thought leading end user computing (EUC) research content to our Infrastructure and Operations clients through published research, client inquiry, stage presentations, teleconferences, and client meetings. It is important that you have a vision for how enterprise EUC will evolve to incorporate mobility, cloud, virtualization, consumerization, and modern management paradigms.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct on-going research and analysis in specific EUC areas targeting clients’ key initiatives
- Provide thought leading and industry best practice research on EUC strategy, desktop virtualization, incorporation of mobile and endpoint computing with enterprise Digital Workplace programs, the adoption of modern device and application provisioning, among other related topics
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within these specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas
- Write high quality, clear, actionable, advisory research documents
- Respond to client inquiries, create materials for and deliver to clients in person, via teleconference, video conference or webinar and event presentations
- Maintain the company's industry leadership reputation by responding to press inquiries
- Proactively work with the wider sales organization and deliver outstanding sales support in order to retain and grow the business
What you’ll need:
- Subject matter expertise in enterprise EUC (ideally Windows stack), with the ability to demonstrate understanding of the role EUC plays in supporting the business
- Specific in-depth practical experience at a mastery-level of EUC, strategy, architecture, endpoint/mobile support and operations, and desktop virtualization
- Experience with strategic EUC initiatives, for example virtual desktop infrastructure, BYOD, modern endpoint management, enterprise app stores, and desktop as a service
- Experience with classic EUC processes, for example, device deployment, patch management, software distribution, and end user support and the future of these functions
- An understanding of the way EUC technologies integrate with related systems, such as ITSM tools, asset management, CMDB, telecom expense management, end user analytics tools, among others
- General, high-level experiences with many of the other areas of concern for Infrastructure and Operations leaders, for example automation, monitoring, and service management
- Demonstrated superior analytical skills, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns while drawing and defending conclusions
- Articulate and succinct communication skill; publishing and speaking engagements an advantage
- Proven experience in both managing short and long-term projects as well as being an active project participant
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a research or technology related role
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience, Master's degree preferred
- Ability to conduct regional and global travel
Job Requisition ID:35923
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.