Director, IT Strategy Consulting, Telecommunications
Backed with the insight of Gartner research and events, the Gartner Consulting team helps clients in a wide range of industries speed up their agendas and stay ahead of the digital curve. Due to increasing demand, the High Technology and Telecoms (HTTP) practice is growing its leadership team in the UK.
The Director in Egham will take on the role of Director and Engagement Lead for a number of accounts that Gartner Consulting already work with. Alongside this activity, we will begin a development plan that will allow the Director to build their own portfolio of accounts (other multinational, global or large-scale organisations in this sector that have significant presence in this region) as part of Gartner Consulting’s Managing Partner to Be (MP2B) programme.
As a Director, you’ll advise clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Your main goal is to develop compelling proposals and corresponding business plans that marry Gartner’s key insights to clients’ critical business objectives and help them:
- Achieve business critical objectives
- Develop best of breed Transformation strategies
- Reach their organisations’ strategic goals
- Working closely with the Telco Industry Lead in Egham and two existing Managing Partners, you will contribute to driving sales, relationship equity and margin in Gartner Consulting key accounts within the wider HTTP sector but focusing on Telecommunications, and Telcos in particular. You’ll use all your consulting skills to sell, strategise, and oversee the high quality delivery of Gartner Consulting solutions.
- The successful candidate will:
- Articulate to clients (CIOs, CTOs, CEOs, CMOs, CDOs and other business leaders) the breadth and depth of Gartner Consulting Solutions
- Drive strategic deals in key accounts with repeatable potential
- Lead pursuit development efforts
- Build accounts over time, by shifting from transactions toward a business stream driven by growing client relationship and trusted advisor status
- Strengthen current solutions and develop new solutions based on account and territory strategy as well as demand
- Execute account planning
- Deliver complex projects for multiple accounts and complex
- Oversee and coach to deliver projects on time, on budget with minimal risk
- Manage engagements at or above Gross Margin target
- Promote Gartner solutions and brand to generate greatest client value in accordance to regional, EMEA and global strategies
Skills and Professional experience required:
- Strong understanding of the Communications sector (particularly Telco) and the current trends affecting the industry in Europe and Globally
- Ability to empathise with the agenda of the C-Suite, particularly the CIO, and articulate Gartner’s value to them
- An ability to shape and lead the delivery of complex, strategic advisory engagements
- Ideally, have a track record of meeting consulting sales objectives for at least 3 years (including sales target, win rate and deal size)
- Experience selling and leading IT strategy engagements, ideally with a top tier consulting firm
- Experience with using research to provide client value
- Ability to drive Gartner Consulting value proposition and likely to be skilled in a relevant solution area, including, but not limited to:
- o CIO Strategy and IT Strategy;
- o IT Sourcing and Vendor Selection
- o Digital Transformation;
- o Technology Cost Optimization (including benchmarking);
- o Infrastructure & Operational Excellence;
- o Enterprise Architecture;
- o Best of Breed Working methodologies (Agile, DevOps);
- o Security and Risk Management techniques;
- o Business Intelligence;
- o Insight and Analytics
- Mentoring skills to nurture future client developers and delivery consultants
- International experience
Job Requisition ID:34654
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.