Director - ERP / Cloud Optimisation
Why is Gartner Consulting an organization unlike any other? Our consultants are technology and business thought leaders for the 21st century. With the full scope of Gartner’s renowned research and capabilities to draw from, our consultants are committed to turning those insights into actionable solutions for our clients. That’s where you come in. We’re committed to attracting the most creative, talented, and motivated associates to bring our world-class consultancy to the next level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you’ll lead the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. You’ll work across Gartner to help senior leaders and their teams execute their most strategic initiatives and achieve lasting results - all within the context of a rapidly evolving digital economy.
What you’ll do
Sales support activities carried out prior to engagement and extending into the delivery phase of the engagement.
Subject Matter Expert in Support of delivery of client engagement:
- Hands-on analytical support on complex engagements developing spreadsheet-based analysis and conceptual models to provide clients with logical scenarios and conclusions (which may include triangulation, pattern recognition and application of experience)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- The go-to person for technical questions and industry knowledge on ERP, Cloud and Infrastructure software solutions and vendors (SAP, Oracle, Salesforce, IBM, VMWare etc)
- High degree of attention to detail and responsiveness in a fast-paced, pressured environment
- Connect with and build relationships with clients across all levels to understand requirements through workshops, sales calls, conferences etc.
- Excellent presenter of complex information tailored to the situation
- Talent for communication - able to present in a simple, compelling way
- Active networker able to build a solid personal brand internally with VPs and the Gartner GTM channels (sales, EXP, EITL, Consulting) and externally with clients
- Commercially astute – understanding the commercial and political dynamics of a situation
- Develop tailored client-facing documentation and presentations
- Market/Subject expert – continually researching market/subject to provide a continual stream of communications for internal and external use
- Enhance the “product” through learning from customers and engagements
- Vision and drive to lead a centre of excellence in a matrixed team structure
- Be recognized as a thought leader
- In-depth understanding of complex software licensing and / or renewal strategies (especially ERP applications); or cloud cost optimization
- Enthusiastic follower of technology trends, particularly how cloud and enterprise software are effectively deployed by global organizations
- Ability to analyze large volumes of data and produce logical conclusions
- Articulate and succinct communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Positive, energetic, motivated and tenacious work ethic with high standards
Job Requisition ID:41874
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.