Director, Capital Projects
Major Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
The position will be part of the Real Estate and Workforce Planning (REWP) function reporting to VP, Capital Projects. Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain the multi-year real estate capital plan for the EMEA region offices in collaboration with workforce planning, capital planning and controls, transactions, EMEA regional operations, IT and finance
- Deliver all EMEA region Capital Projects from planning through close-out
- Develop project briefs / requirements engaging multiple stake holders and seek necessary approvals
- In collaboration with transactions and regional operations review potential lease locations and provide input in the final selection as well as lease related work letter terms
- Develop and manage project scope, budgets and schedules
- Engage IT to ensure close coordination of all IT matters across project planning and delivery
- Procure qualified vendor teams that meet the project requirements as well as Gartner policies for insurance and compliance
- Create innovative design solutions that reflect the Gartner culture, foster collaboration and increase the efficiency of asset use while providing high degree of user comfort and infrastructure resilience
- Collaborate with regional operations teams, corporate communication and branding to reflect Gartner identity and facilitate engagement with Gartner associates and clients. Use external and internal change management and communication resources as appropriate
- Close-out and handover finished projects to regional operations team
- Conduct post occupancy surveys and analysis to learn and evolve from each project
- Provide monthly tracking and reporting of performance for all EMEA Capital Projects
- Develop and deploy innovative workplace strategies (agile working) across all projects in EMEA balancing the needs of global consistency, local flavor, enhanced associate engagement and comfort, health and sustainability, resilience, improved asset utilization and continuous improvement from project to project
- Coordinate closely with the Procurement and Project Controls to source, scope, evaluate and secure terms that improve delivery quality, speed, consistency and cost performance across all key vendors and product categories required for capital projects in EMEA (in coordination with global contracts where appropriate)
- Develop and maintain strong internal relationships with regional and global IT teams to effectively collaborate on all aspects of project planning and delivery
- Drive consistency, reduce risk, improve quality and build (internal and external) team capacity by identifying and deploying process improvements like standard operation procedures, documentation standards, agreed work flows and overall quality / project delivery standards
- Provide leadership to internal and external project teams, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, accountability, fun, transparency and rigor across all projects
Impact of Role: Expected Results
- Delivery of high quality innovative workspace that positively impacts associate engagement, reflects the Gartner culture and brand and improves asset utilization
- Smooth project delivery, on-time and at a price point that represents significant long term value for Gartner
- Seamless collaboration across multiple internal and external stakeholders through all aspects of project planning and execution
Internal: Transactions, EMEA Real Estate Operations, other Global Real Estate Capital Projects Leads, Capital Planning and Controls, IT, Finance (AP, Controllers), Procurement, Legal and Treasury
External: Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors / Cost Controllers, Landlords, External Counsel, Architects, Engineers, Contractors / Builders and other vendors associated with project delivery
BA/BS degree minimum. MA/MS/MBA degree and/or industry certification in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or related degree preferred.
Minimum 10 years of relevant experience as Project and Construction Manager with end-user organizations or consultancy, preferably both. International (EMEA wide) project delivery experience necessary.
Technical/ Professional Skills & Competencies
- Strong technical, organizational and communication skills
- EMEA wide project (office interior fit-out) delivery and vendor contracting / procurement knowledge
- Proficiency with Project Management and Reporting Software, Corporate Finance and AP platforms, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to provide direction to and coordinate with diverse project team members, anticipate and manage risks, set appropriate expectations and consistently deliver strong results
- Ability to establish trusted partnering relationships and manage expectations within a very collaborative internal team culture, with key stakeholders and wide range of external consultants and vendors.
- Likely 30%+ travel to project locations across EMEA
Job Requisition ID:34656
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.