Director, Analyst – Supply Chain, Network Design
- Supply chain coverage and support for the manufacturing and retail sectors, with a specific focus on global network design and modeling strategies and execution.
- Experience in an operational or consulting/service provider role where designing and modeling the physical network of manufacturing and logistics assets was a primary focus
- Drive research on best practices in Supply Chain network design and modeling with emphasis on:
End to End network design and subsets like logistics network design and last mile
Major network design drivers e.g. cost reduction, resiliency, and access to customers
Best practices for defining and delivering network design initiatives
Best practices in make/buy manufacturing decisions and shoring strategies
Software and consulting providers in network design
- Responsible for conducting research, and developing and writing in-depth reports that demonstrate a mastery of best practices and strategies to guide user decision-making in supply chain strategy and execution for these topics
- Responsible for ongoing publication of research notes that are topical, based on case studies or follow on from research reports to generate client readership and interaction
- Demonstrate expertise through development of presentations and client interaction covering specific trends, best practices and relevant technologies.
- Conduct ongoing interaction with clients and prospects interested in these topics (including meetings, conference calls, strategy sessions and formal presentations).
- Prepare and deliver presentations at Gartner, industry and professional association conferences, and client briefings. Collaborate across research groups to ensure presentations and messages comprehensively represent best practices.
- Support the Gartner sales team in closing deals through proof of capability.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties in a strategic, analytical and articulate manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Located in Europe
- 6-8 years of experience in an operational or consulting/service provider role where designing and modeling the physical network of manufacturing and logistics assets was a primary focus.
- Good understanding of the end-to-end supply chain, and ability to link network design best practices to client’s business strategies.
- Ability to interact at various levels of an organization on supply chain network design and related topics such as inventory optimization, long term growth strategies, and cost optimization.
- Ability to represent and defend analysis in client interactions.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills. Written work must be concise and persuasive.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to travel minimum 3 working days per month and attend 2 Gartner conferences per year.
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA preferred.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer committed to the value of workforce diversity.
Job Requisition ID:42205
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.