Event Manager, Exhibit Operations & Strategy
Event Manager with responsibility over exhibit operations, service delivery and sponsorship fulfillment for Gartner’s conference portfolio that targets Chief Information Officers in EMEA. Responsible for the development, management and execution of various conference elements relating to exhibits and sponsorship.
Primary Responsibilities of Event Manager:
- Lead operational delivery of all exhibitor elements across multiple B2B conferences including project management, floor plan management, financial management (forecasting, budgeting and reconciliation), staff planning and production scheduling.
- Develop, maintain and improve exhibit floor plans to maximize exhibitor and attendee engagement.
- Manage event budgets with direct responsibility for all costs associated with exhibitor fulfillment and delivery; produce accurate monthly forecasts and manage costs effectively.
- Attend events as the onsite lead for exhibit delivery including managing vendors, event staff and supporting exhibitor clients.
- Develop and maintain exhibit inventory as it relates to the tradeshow floor, speaking sessions and other marketing opportunities.
- Analyze data to determine best course of action on various conference elements.
- Manage and maintain online portal that holds all logistical information and details for exhibitors ensuring best possible experience for clients.
- Effectively lead and inspire a rapidly expanding and diverse team in the region, with a focus on continuous feedback and coaching.
- Anticipate and react to client requests with a service focus that delivers exceedingly high value to drive exhibitor retention.
- Liaise with key event partners and team members (internal and external) to ensure successful event execution; build and maintain good relationships by establishing trust and a working partnership.
- Achieve operational excellence and process efficiencies across all aspects of the event delivery.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Gartner’s conference business including the value proposition of each conference for attendees and exhibitors and the value proposition of each exhibitor product.
- Standardized operational processes, project management and best practices both in the planning and onsite execution stages of event production and delivery.
- Develop an innovative and creative approach to all aspects of the role – team management, engagement strategy and operational execution.
- Global Exhibit Client Services, Global Exhibit Product Development, Global Event Logistics Team, Global Strategic Operations Team, Global Corporate Events Team, Executive Programs and other Gartner Business Units
- Third party suppliers and contractors
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 8+ Years Event Management, Experiential Marketing, Event Marketing and/or Tradeshow Management
- Proven management of teams and talent development
- Proven event operational skills including production schedules, budget management and event staffing
- Project management experience on detailed programs with multiple variables and dependencies
- Proven experience in managing agency and vendor partners
Key Competencies/ Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Effective people management skills and leadership with a passion for a collaborative work environment
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills especially with senior level professionals, cross-functionally and with agency partners
- Creative, innovative and strategic thinker with a strong attention to detail
- Strong financial management skills
- Motivated team player with desire to learn and grow
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Excellent written/oral communication and presentations skills
- Effective problem solving, time management and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt, implement and manage change and strive for continuous improvement
- Passionate approach/methodology to deliver exceptional results
- Ability to thrive in high pressure situations
Job Requisition ID:42219
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.