Associate consultant, IT Strategy Consulting
Why is Gartner Consulting an organization unlike any other? Our consultants are technology and business thought leaders for the 21st century. With the full scope of Gartner’s renowned research and capabilities to draw from, our consultants are committed to turning those insights into actionable solutions for our clients. That’s where you come in. We’re committed to attracting the most creative, talented, and motivated associates to bring our world-class consultancy to the next level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you’ll lead the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. You’ll work across Gartner to help senior leaders and their teams execute their most strategic initiatives and achieve lasting results - all within the context of a rapidly evolving digital economy.
About This Role
We are seeking a talented Associate Consultant, preferably with consulting experience from a top management and IT consulting firm. As an Associate Consultant working at the highest senior levels within our clients’ organizations you will have the opportunity to make a real difference in shaping, managing and delivering real value assisting our clients in successfully managing their technology and defining their IT strategies.
What You’ll Do
- Participate in delivery of strategic IT consulting engagements, within a given time frame and budget, for a variety of clients across cross industries
- Timely delivery of analysis, findings, recommendations and excellent client reports.
- Conduct research, interviews and presentations for C level clients
- Be an excellent team player and leverage colleagues and mentors for sustained development
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 3 years of diversified strategic IT experience (technology, organization and processes)
- Consulting experience in a similar role in a professional services firm or industry experience at a strategic or management level.
- Analytical skills
- Flexibility and adaptability; able to change direction quickly and thoughtfully under changing client needs
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of your time
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance in Norway
- Deeper knowledge of one or more of the following is a plus:
- IT strategy
- IT organization & governance
- Enterprise Architecture
- IT/Business Process Outsourcing
- Critical Program Management support (QA, risk, audit)
- IT performance optimization
Who You Are
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to articulate IT strategies and understand business strategies and the alignment of both
- Comfortable influencing and building trust-based, value-added relationships with senior executives
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What We Offer
- A world-class consulting environment
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge IT strategy engagements with a tier one client portfolio
- A competitive salary
- Structured bonus based on individual and corporate performance
- Opportunities for promotion with a clear defined career development structure
- Opportunity to participate actively in the development and future of Gartner Consulting
- A dynamic but relaxed and supportive working environment that encourages personal development
Gartner is the world’s leading research and advisory company, offering information, advice and tools for business leaders. We provide objective and invaluable insights to our C-level executive clients, where we guide them to achieve the mission-critical priorities of their organization. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and now employ over 17,000 associates globally and support 12,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Our Awards And Accolades
- FortuneWorld’s Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
- ForbesAmerica’s Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality IndexBest Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019 & 2020
Job Requisition ID:48467
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.