Thought Leader: I&O Backup, Disaster Recovery and High Availability (Remote- Flexible EMEA Location)
Gartneris a people business. Fuelled by expert analysis, bold ideas and intellectual courage, we are a team of thinkers, doers, and lifelong learners. We are innately curious, drive, disciplined and humble.
TheGartner for Technical Professionals (GTP) team is a highly collaborative group of industry analysts. Members of the team work together to produce research that answers the most pressing questions being asked by technical professionals in government, commercial and not-for-profit organizations. Research is delivered in the form of written documents, presentations, dialogues, videos, blogs, and other forms of social media. This team is lead by an incredible mentor and industry expert.
AGTP analyst is an articulate thought-leader, and also an inquisitive student. The ideal candidate will have a hands-on practitioner background from working in advanced technical roles (e.g. Director of Application Development, Software or Solution Architect, Software Developer, CTO of a smaller organization, etc.) In this role you willattainindustry leadership by responding to press inquiries and speaking at industry events. You will also deliverpresentations at Gartner events, including Catalyst, Summits, andSymposiaaswellasworkwith software vendors on productdirection.
We’d love to work with you if you have…
GTP is seeking an experienced technical professional with network architecture or engineering knowledge. Qualified candidates will demonstrate expertise in thefollowingareas
- Expertise with disaster recovery architecture, implementation and support. Hands-on experience with replication (synchronous and asynchronous), RTO/RPO, Operating System imaging, virtualization snapshots or with vendors such as IBM,iLand, Microsoft, Recovery Point,Sungardor VMware would be advantageous.
- Expertise in Backup and Recovery software architecture, implementation and support. Hands-on experience with solutions likeActifio, Acronis, Arcserve, Cohesity, Commvault, Dell EMC,Druva, IBM, Micro Focus, Rubrik, Quest Software, Unitrends, Veeam, Veritas or others would be advantageous.
- Expertise in public cloud-based backup and recovery services. Hands-on experience with solutions AWS, Google Cloud Platform, IBM Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Office 365, or Oracle Cloud would be advantageous.
- Experience with backup and recovery architecture and services implementation, including both on-premises and cloud-based scenarios.
- Expertise with public cloud-based DR architecture, implementation and support. Hands-on experience with AWS, Google Cloud Platform, IBM Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Office 365, or Oracle Cloud would be advantageous.
- Experience with software-defined infrastructure such as server virtualization, software-defined storage or software defined networking. Specific expertise with technologies from Citrix, Dell EMC, Microsoft,Netapp, Oracle, Red Hat, VMware or others would be advantageous.
What We Offer
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, pension, life cover, child care vouchers and an annual gym subsidization. Gartner is a high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Gartner associates strive on being high performers, problem solvers, team players with passion, integrity and effectiveness. We strive to attract exceptional people who really enjoy what they do. Are you ready to jump on board?
Thepolicy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity andinclusion.Gartneris an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:44364
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.