IT Procurement and IT Asset Management Expert, Gartner Research & Advisory - Ireland
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join the world’s leading Research & Advisory company, you’ll be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage, while driving partnerships with global organizations to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll not only help clients accomplish their mission-critical priorities, but also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands dedication— and rewards it with opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
We seek candidates with expertise in IT procurement and IT asset management, specifically in the areas of IT procurement operations management. Additional expertise in IT asset management strategies, processes and tools, and audits is highly desirable. The ideal candidate will have a background in technology procurement category management, IT contracting, and asset management leadership roles. All candidates must be able to represent the larger body of Gartner research, conduct and publish research in IT procurement, asset and vendor management, working with an international team of seasoned analysts.
What you’ll do:
- Define and conduct ongoing research and analysis in technology procurement, asset and vendor management trends, organization, skills, tools, transformation issues, and best and next practices.
- Perform contract and document reviews on client proposals for selected IT vendors and advise clients on related pricing, terms and conditions, and negotiating strategies.
- Advise clients on best practices regarding:
- IT procurement organization, operations, tools and analytics
- IT category and spend management
- Software audit / license compliance trends, processes, and practices
- ITAM strategies, practices and tools
- Perform research by reading, networking with clients, vendors and analysts, evaluating and analysing information and participating in Research Meetings and other activities which comprise the Gartner research process
- Produce industry/role-specific research as necessary
- Add value to the research by analysis (which may include triangulation, pattern recognition, application of experience)
- Answer inquiries from clients in covered topic areas using video and audio conferencing, Webex and written response via email
- Create specified volumes of written research (e. g. Research Notes, Strategic Analysis Reports, etc.) in fulfillment of our commitment to clients
- Create materials for and deliver presentations to clients by face-to-face meetings, teleconferences, webinars, conferences and other modes
- Provide individualized consulting for clients, which involves presentations regarding Gartner research and findings to individual companies, or providing advice to end user or vendor clients
- Provide sales support by speaking to prospective and existing clients via telephone, by making face-to face sales calls with sales personnel and by delivering presentations at regional sales sessions whose purpose is attracting prospective clients
- Help recruit, manage, motivate and mentor direct reports as applicable
- Prepare deliverable products (with their research component) in accordance with a schedule as well as responding to client consulting requests which cannot be planned for
- Determine specific subjects to research, create an active research agenda, conduct the research, and present/develop accompanying deliverables
- Take positions on key issues that affect your research area and our clients
- Ensure integrity of research and analysis of self
- Create appropriate level of written research per year
You’ll need experience as follows:
- Engaging and advising business stakeholders in strategic IT procurement and asset management
- Demand shaping, developing and planning IT procurement and asset management strategies
- Adapting and developing IT procurement processes to make them more agile and focused on business outcomes
- Experience executing and managing strategic IT vendor contracts and relationships
- Hands-on negotiations with large IT vendors, such as SAP, IBM, Microsoft and Oracle as well as cloud vendors such as AWS, Google, and Salesforce
- Working successfully with channel partners such as resellers and systems integrators
- Acquisition of digital business technologies including software for use outside IT
- Experience with IT audit risk assessment, management and/or mitigation and resolution is a plus
- Strong market research and analytical skills, proven in a procurement role
- Strong presentation skills
- Collaborative teamwork, good at sharing data and two-way communication.
- Bachelor's degree in related field; Masters preferred. A proven record of academic achievement is required.
- 10+ years’ experience working as a subject matter expert in the areas of technology procurement and asset management.
- Significant applicable experience to be knowledgeable about strategic trends and best practices in technology procurement to be accepted by clients as an expert. The IT knowledge needed typically entails a deep understanding of the market of IT solutions, vendors, products and user strategies across IT spend categories.
- A proven track record of writing success (commercial and/or non-commercial). Must be able to supply and develop writing samples of sole authorship.
- Strong communicator who is able to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply. Public speaking skills and background are a requirement
- Credibility to represent Gartner research methodology and strategies effectively at a senior level
- Beyond knowing the facts in the area of expertise, the individual must be adept at analysis - seeking out and piecing together fragments of information, extrapolating, building and applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing conclusions from partial data. Ability to think abstractly and strategically is a must.
- Able to build and execute a robust research agenda
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A motivated, creative individual who has the ability to grow research depth and skills.
- Ability to take direction and be self-directed in executing against plans.
- Strong work ethos, working both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong project and time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
Job Requisition ID:45974
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.