What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join the world’s leading Research & Advisory company, you’ll be part of a team that values curiosity, expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage, while driving partnerships with global organizations to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration, you’ll not only help clients accomplish their mission-critical priorities, but also grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands dedication— and rewards it with opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
Director Applications Services Sourcing
This role creates thought leading IT Applications Solution & Services Sourcing research for our IT Leaders clients and has conversations with client (Inquiry), stage presentations, teleconferences, and client meetings. It is important that you have a vision for how IT Sourcing for Applications Solution & Services will evolve worldwide (outsourced, nearshore & offshore) and at a regional level.
What you’ll do:
As a Gartner analyst you will meet with clients every day: on the phone, in a video-conference, from the stage at a Gartner event or face-to-face during a sales support visit. In every client interaction analyst help clients solve difficult puzzles that lead to better performance. To support these conversations you will research markets, practices and trends and produce written research for Gartner clients to download and apply.
- Conduct research and analysis in specific areas of expertise targeting client’s key initiatives.
- Deliver high quality actionable advice through a variety of media.
- Write high quality, clear, actionable, advisory research documents.
- Predict how IT 3rd Party delivered services markets are developing, help clients in their Sourcing strategy, selection & contracting process and assist end-user buyers in best practices across the sourcing cycle.
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within these specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas.
- Respond to client questions, create materials for and deliver to clients in person, via teleconference, video conference or webinar and event presentations
- Maintain the Gartner’s industry leadership reputation by responding to press inquiries
- Proactively work with the wider sales organization and deliver outstanding sales support in order to retain and grow the business
What you’ll need:
It helps to be obsessed with your topic! Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you need to know your markets, vendors, trends, management practices, etc. and be able to see the forest and the trees. Most Gartner analysts have many years of experience and enjoy solving puzzles.
- Subject matter expertise is required in all phases of sourcing for applications and business process outsourcing, application development & consulting services (not products), this includes ability to review RFPs, Scope of work, terms & conditions, SLA’s for the deals.
- Knowledge of the global applications service provider landscape, and the competitive interplay between incumbents, emerging providers, disruptors and outsourcers is desirable.
- Sourcing services experience in minimum 2 areasbelow is required:
- Outsourcing Applications Services (including offshore, nearshore) from strategy, supplier selection, contracts and management of deal
- ERP applications implementations services (e.g. SAP S4Hana, Oracle cloud, MS Dynamics, Infor, etc.)
- SaaS Solutions & System Integration services (Workday, Salesforce etc.)
- Agile applications development & Testing Services
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Implementation services
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) either HR, Finance & Accounting, Customer Management & Experience or Procurement
- Knowledge of software licenses contracting & negotiations
- Articulate and succinct communication skills. Publishing and Speaking engagements an advantage
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in a research or technology related role, end-user client (buyer) experience desired
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience, Master's degree preferred
- Ability to travel, regionally and globally to meet clients and present & conferences
Job Requisition ID:46001
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.