Regional Lead, Dubai
Provides second level support to identify and solve technical issues escalated by the Help Desk to meet Gartner standards and SLA's for all Gartner Associates (in local and regional Gartner offices or working remotely), as well as support for complex technical issues, for region. The Regional Manager will also provide technical expertise on projects, site visits and Gartner Events support as well as mentoring and providing an escalation point to Technical Support Specialists within their region. In addition, the Regional Manager may be required to provide Systems, Telecoms and Real Estate Operations support for a specific office location/region.
Major Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
- Escalated (level 2) technical support: Provides advanced technical hardware troubleshooting & diagnosis, software troubleshooting/installation, and information gathering to provide business solutions to keep Gartner Associates and infrastructure operational 24x7.
- Remote office visits (when required): Provides onsite support in remote office locations including resolving technical issues and building rapport with associates.
- Asset Management: Accurately manages all asset life cycles to allow for the most efficient deployment of assets throughout the company.
- Events & Symposiums: To ensure Gartner delivers world class events to our clients, liaise with ITIO Event Manager and Events staff and/or lead WWTS members at Symposium as the escalation point for all WWTS related issues onsite to provide technology services and support to associates and clients.
- Provides executive/OC support
- Projects: Work on additional project work when required, and can act as project lead on certain projects
- Active Management of Service Request, Incident, and Activities: Responsible for ensuring all associate interactions are accurately documented, assigned, and communicated in order to determine and resolve issues, escalate if necessary, and provide solutions for future problem resolution and process improvements. Act as an escalation point to Technical Support Specialists locally/regionally/globally
- Participate in development, implementation, and improvement of support policies, process and best practices
- Participate in proactively supporting associates e.g. Support Lounge, training, tech orientations etc.
- Subject Matter Expert support: Build knowledge in specialized subjects to provide guidance and become an escalation point for the Technical Support Specialists.
- Provides mentoring to Technical Support Specialists on all aspects of support
- Management of Real Estate Operations: When requested ensure that occupancy data is maintained, relocations, office moves and restacks are completed on time and within budget with good feedback from associates.
- Provide Systems & Telecom support if needed
Impact of Role: Expected Results
- Successful delivery of IT services within defined SLA’s to associates in support of the operation of Gartner’s business
- Service levels are adhered to and department goals are followed
- Accurate technical documentation, policies, and processes are updated
- Internal: All internal associates within Gartner globally, working very closely with all technology groups & REWP
- External: Contractors, Vendors, Clients - onsite client meetings and at Events and Executive Briefings
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional qualification
- 4+ years experience in a technical support role
- A+ Certification
Technical/ Professional Skills & Competencies
- Good knowledge of networking concepts; servers; LANs/WANs
- Excellent knowledge in using help desk call logging system
- Extensive knowledge with standard Microsoft products and platforms
- Excellent Good problem solving skills
- Excellent communicator, able to deal independently with staff at all levels in the organization including senior executives (verbal and written)
- Excellent customer service skill
- Ability to take ownership of escalated issues in difficult situations and drive to resolution
- Ability to ensure It solutions meet business requirements
Job Requisition ID:G20663
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.