Sr Director, Advisory
What makes Gartner Research & Advisory a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner Research & Advisory, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions, and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on their mission critical priorities, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
Advisors bring Gartner's research, best practices, and tools to life across a broad range of world leading clients. It's the job of an Advisor to increase client engagement and ensure each client is fully leveraging Gartner's resources. They do that by asking insightful questions to diagnose the root causes of client challenges and advise on the best course of action. They might also suggest a different course of action the client hadn't considered or talk them through a best practice from a different industry that could work within their business. They are responsible for interfacing almost continuously with C-level and other senior executives to foster deep, broad relationships. In addition to applying and packaging our resources to meet their challenges, they sense patterns among client needs to drive the research agenda and event calendar.
We are currently seeking a qualified SeniorDirector-level professional to join our CIO Research & Advisory Practice and work specifically with Chief Information Officers (CIOs) and other Senior IT leaders.
- Applies expansive knowledge of Gartner research to help resolve high-value business problems for clients (CIOs and IT Leaders)
- Actively shapes the direction of ongoing research and product creation projects; participates in and provides feedback during checkpoint meetings and other stages of the strategic research process
- Supports Sales and Service Delivery partners to drive account growth and retention
- Leads sessions at Gartner’s multi-client events, creating scripts and discussion plans for events
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years’ experience in advising and presenting to very senior business executives in multi-client and one-on-one setting
- Work Proficiency both in English and Mandarin
- Excellent collaboration and people skills
- Proficient in distilling data or information to identify key findings
- Superior communication skills and a high level of executive presence
- Ability to analyze and solve problems independently
- Ability to effectively navigate a highly matrixed environment
- Ability to engage senior-level executives by building relationships, establishing credibility, conducting substantive content discussions, diagnosing needs, solving problems, and identifying relevant resources
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 40%
- Graduate degree, MBA preferred
- Experience working with CIOs and IT Leaders preferred
- Knowledge and experience working in the China market
Job Requisition ID:29938
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.