Professional Development & Resource Manager, Chicago
In this newly created role you will manage the full range of staffing and professional development activities for Gartner Consulting associates in the North East, in partnership with the Regional Lead and Region Partnership Committee, Human Resources and People Development.
- Develop professional relationships with consultants including in-depth understanding of professional aspirations, experiences, strengths, development needs, and relevant personal circumstances.
- Build strong, trust-based relationships with partners ensuring they share key information.
- Monitor consultants’ development and provide counsel on appropriate assignments, skill development, career progression, as well as ensuring follow-through on critical team processes.
- Partner with HR in managing consultant performance review and evaluation processes, upward feedback systems, promotions and Partner committee processes.
- Ensure consultants receive timely and appropriate training by defining overall training agenda for the cohort.
- Identify and coordinate firm and practice training to meet specific consultant development needs in balance with client priorities.
- Oversee and manage staffing needs of Consulting Delivery Associates within the Nordics region.
- Support Region Lead in creating an unrivaled environment for associates to grow and develop their careers; invest in professional development
- Partner with Region Lead to drive and champion a culture of performance; reward top performers, focus on talent upgrades
- Coordinate with Region leadership team to understand staffing needs, including nature of assignment, staffing requirements, and oversee staffing of teams to projects based on understanding of client, office and individual needs.
- Work with leadership team to ensure staffing decisions best optimize tradeoffs between client service, utilization and retention.
- Work with Central Function/Ops Position to ensure current capacity at the Consultant level is up to date and accurate.
Consultant Professional Development:
- Develop one-on-one relationships with Consultants to provide guidance and mentoring on career management. Regularly meet with each Consultant to discuss their career development, goals, objectives, and interests. Makes tradeoffs between client needs, office utilization and individual needs.
- Monitor engagement team assignments to ensure Consultants have a variety of consulting projects and diverse experiences.
- Manage professional development of Consulting staff. Review all engagement end and consensus reviews to ensure quality feedback and clear messaging. Determine appropriate ratings for individuals or help consensus reviewers settle on appropriate ratings for individuals in assigned cohort.
- Hold regular hub office meetings and trainings; invite relevant parties to ensure Consulting staff are provided relevant content as pertains to their careers (e.g. cross-Industry, cross-Solution knowledge management, skill/competency capabilities).
- Partner with HR on performance management, employee relations and other issues related to employment law, risk and policy matters.
- Coordinate with HR on transfer process and leaves of absence for Consultants.
- Lead recruitment and interview process for entry-level hiring initiatives.
- Participate in the development and recommendation operating policy and procedural improvements for consulting staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience is required.
- A range of 8 – 10 years professional experience is required, 2 years progressive experience in management required, preferably in a PDR role.
- Extensive experience in presenting and communicating ideas to others.
- Proven experience in managing and developing staff from different organizations and with diversified levels, skills and backgrounds.
- Strong customer service, meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills necessary.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and quantitative skills.
- Ability to influence at senior level of management
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to deal with highly confidential information appropriately; ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Comprehensive knowledge of, and experience with Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint is required
- Must be able to work in dynamic environment with challenging deadlines.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent organizational, interpersonal, and team skills.
- Outstanding project management skills (projects involving internal and external stakeholders) with an ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads.
Job Requisition ID:27681
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.