Sr Software Engineer
About the role
Gartner is looking for well-rounded and motivated developers to join the Gartner Talent Neuron Team. Talent Neuron is an enterprise SaaS based HR Analytics product built on a plethora of public data sets like Companies, Universities, demographic and skills. Technically the product is built on cutting-edge cloud, big data and open source technologies, framework and tool sets. The product team is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer as per the details outlined below.
Why Talent Neuron
Talent Neuron is an enterprise SaaS based HR Analytics product built on a plethora of public datasets like Profiles, Jobs, Companies, Universities, demographic and skills. The product is built on cutting-edge cloud, big data and open source technologies, framework and tool sets. The product development team is looking for a Senior Architect as per the details outlined below.
What will you do
- Architectural design of large scale, modern distributed applications and thought leadership
- This position requires strong technical skills and an ability to resolve complex problems while working on time-boxed, multiple concurrent development projects.
- Peer technical review including design, code review and testing.
- Understand, suggest and choose from possible technical solutions/tools to satisfy business needs-choices that reflect a solution that balances design, use, and support. Use the best practices/techniques for keeping the design/solution under control without excessive work or rework.
- Demonstrate strong understand of Open Source technologies, framework, tools and trends.
What will you need
- Working as a Java Developer for 6-8yrs.
- Strong Hands on Experience in J2EE, Spring, Maven / Gradle and knowledge of logging and caching frameworks like Log4J and EHCache.
- Exposure to Open Source libraries like Apache Commons, Google/GSON and Jackson
- Strong work experience with Spring Security, JDBC 2.0, Hibernate/JPA.
- Proven creative thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Detail oriented and have extraordinary organizational skills
- Strong understanding of OOPS, Design and Architecture principles.
- Strong Hands on Experience in Core Java and Unix/Linux.
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of data archival, HTTP basics and working with loosely structured data
- Experience in working withHTML parsing frameworks, web-scraping, proxies and Headless browsing.
- Knowledge of Python could be an added advantage.
- In-Depth knowledge of No-SQL Databases like Mongo or Cassandra and RDBMS like MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Strong working experience in AWS or Azure and very good understanding of cloud driven Dev-ops
- Experience of using Message queues - Kafka, Rabbit/Active MQ
- Exposure to Indexing Frameworks like SOLR or Elastic Search
- Good exposure to Dev ops tool stack - Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, Puppet, Chef etc.
- Knowledge of Cloud based providers like AWS or Azure
- Some exposure to C#, ASP.NET.
Who you are
- BE/B Tech/BS, ME/M Tech/MS or MCA and no-distance education
- Excellent Communication and Prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently or within a team, proactively, in a fast-paced AGILE-SCRUM environment.
- Owns success – Takes responsibility for successful delivery of the solutions.
- Strong desire to improve upon their skills in software development, frameworks and technologies
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including: An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mind-set are central to our values Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company. Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo. Exposure to industry leading training and development. Performance-based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyses and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. - Visit www.gartner.com to learn more
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:39595
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.