Sr Software Engineer
About the role
Gartner is looking for well-rounded and motivated developers to join the Gartner Talent Neuron Team. Talent Neuron is an enterprise SaaS based HR Analytics product built on a plethora of public datasets like Companies, Universities, demographic and skills. Technically the product is built on cutting-edge cloud, big data and open source technologies, framework and toolsets. The product team is looking for a Software Engineer II as per the details outlined below.
Why Talent Neuron
Talent Neuron is an enterprise SaaS based HR Analytics product built on a plethora of public datasets like Companies, Universities, demographic and skills. Technically the product is built on cutting-edge cloud, big data and open source technologies, framework and toolsets. The product team is looking for a Software Engineer II as per the details outlined below.
What you’ll do:
- This position requires strong technical skills and an ability to resolve complex problems while working on time-boxed, multiple concurrent development projects.
- Demonstrate strong understand of Open Source technologies, framework, tools and trends.
- Demonstrate the ability to be a full stack developer from UI through middleware to the backend.
- Be passionate about open source technologies in general.
- Work in an agile team setting.
What you will need:
- Working as a Java Developer – Full Stack – 6-8years
- Strong understanding of OOPS and Design principles.
- Strong Hands on Experience in Core Java and Unix/Linux.
- Strong Hands on Experience in J2EE, Spring MVC/Boot, Restful Web Services, Maven / Gradle , Jenkins and knowledge of logging and caching frameworks like Log4J and EHCache .
- Exposure to Open Source libraries like Apache Commons , Google/GSON and Jackson
- Strong work experience with Spring Security, JDBC 2.0, Hibernate/JPA.
- Some exposure to building SPA with ReactJS or Angular JS and NodeJS.
- Some exposure to C#, ASP.NET.
- Knowledge in database development with any RDBMS
- Exposure to Devops tool stack - GIT, Jenkins, Docker, Puppet, Chef etc.
- Willingness to Open-Source languages outside of JDK.
Who you are
- BE/B.tech, ME/MTech or MCA and no-distance education
- Excellent Communication and Prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently or within a team, proactively, in a fast-paced AGILE-SCRUM environment.
- Owns success – Takes responsibility for successful delivery of the solutions.
- Strong desire to improve upon their skills in software development, frameworks and technologies
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including: An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mind-set are central to our values Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company. Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo. Exposure to industry leading training and development. Performance-based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyses and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. - Visit www.gartner.com to learn more
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:39597
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.