IT Infrastructure & Sourcing - Leadership Partner - Brasilia
IT Infrastructure & Sourcing – Leadership Partner
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Leadership Programs, you’ll set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Gartner Leadership Partners serve as trusted advisors to our members (clients) who are highly visible senior executives from Fortune 500 organizations and government agencies. Our Associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional career development as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
Leadership Partner, Infrastructure & Operations (I&O)/IT Sourcing & Vendor Management. Leadership Partners serve as trusted advisors to our clients. Our clients are IT executives from Global 2000 organizations and large government agencies who report directly to the CIO.
The role of the Leadership Partner is to partner with their clients and support the client’s key initiatives and the organization’s priorities. The Leadership Partner will advise and coach clients, guide clients in building their sourcing and infrastructure organizations, assist them in developing sourcing/I&O strategy, and help them establish priorities and plan for implementation of key sourcing/I&O initiatives. With the support of their Leadership Partner, our clients are able to achieve their goals more quickly and more cost effectively and with a higher assurance of success.
What you’ll do:
The Leadership Partner manages approximately 25-30 client relationships with Gartner’s clients who range from large, sophisticated global organizations to small and medium-sized businesses. The Leadership Partner collaborates with Leadership Client Managers and Gartner Account Executives and, collectively, they have responsibility for each assigned account.
The Leadership Partner participates in all phases of the client relationship lifecycle including pre-sale, on-boarding, relationship management, delivery, review and renewal. Success is defined by a smooth hand-off from the sales team, consistent member engagement, accurate identification of the member’s key initiatives, development of engagement plans to support those initiatives, and delivery of outstanding value to the member including regular engagement by phone and video, along with value-added on-site engagements and member meetings. Success is measured by member renewals of their business, consistent engagement with the Leadership Partner and use of Gartner services and quarterly member satisfaction reviews.
SALES AND MARKETING SUPPORT
The Leadership Partner is responsible for client retention and for contributing to the growth of Gartner’s Enterprise for IT Leaders business. The Leadership Partner works with assigned member acquisition members when requested for specific pre sales-related activities.
The Leadership Partner is responsible for hosting and/or participating in periodic member events including Summits, Forums, Symposiums, as well as smaller workshops, roundtables and webinars in collaboration with other Leadership Partners, Gartner Research and Gartner Events staff.
The Leadership Partner supports member research activities such as participation in research studies and case panels.
- Manage at least 25 - 30 multi-faceted relationships with Gartner's largest, most sophisticated clients
- Define and deliver innovative solutions by assessing member needs and developing customized value plans in accordance with overall EITL strategy and EITL product deliverables
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with various internal Gartner groups to create a comprehensive, well-designed, sustainable set of key deliverables for clients including targeted research, personal coaching and advice, analyst sessions, involvement in events, etc.
- Leverage subject matter expertise to create service solutions for Enterprise IT Leaders (EITL) members and multi-member accounts utilizing all End User Programs (EUP) products
- Define and conduct on-site briefings for clients at client location in support of client key initiatives
- Direct and facilitate bi-annual member peer group meetings on topics of relevance to the Security & Risk Management/I&O members
- Deliver webinars to community members on relevant topics and facilitate participation from both analysts and members of peer community
- Critical thinker and problem solver demonstrating the ability to assess our Member’s situations andprovide actionable, outcome-based business/technical advice as well as the ability to leverage appropriate resources to help Members achieve results
CONTENT DEVELOPMENT & MANAGEMENT
- Represents Gartner/EUP/Enterprise IT Leaders publicly as a respected content expert
- Participate in presentations, panels and workshops at Gartner Events
- Participate in relevant research communities to keep topic area knowledge current and share client experiences with analysts
- Maintain topic hierarchy and organization of program related content on EITL peer community portal
- Facilitate member interaction and collaboration through the EITL community portal and assisted member con
- Facilitate and participate in local events and round tables
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTISE
The successful candidate will have extensive experience leading I&O and Sourcing & Vendor Management programs and/or practice areas as a IT COO or other equivalent role. The candidate also will have experience collaborating and working effectively with CIOs, CEOs, CFOs and other senior business leaders to build and mature security programs. Experience presenting to and working with senior executive leadership and Boards of Directors is also important.
- Experience and expertise with modern IT I&O and Sourcing & Vendor Management programs is important including:
- Assessing business/organizational partnership strategy and risk
- Developing I&O and SVM strategy and roadmaps aligned to organizational strategy and risk
- Building I&O and SVM teams and capabilities
- Implementing key I&O and SVM solutions including Datacenter, Cloud Computing, HyperConvergence, DevOps, Procurement to Pay processes and tools, RFP and Contract Creation and management, Telecom, ServiceDesk, IT Operations, etc.
- Building effective, repeatable processes to support I&O and SVM programs
- Creating I&O and SVM metrics and reporting mechanisms
- Agility / DevOps/ Bimodal - In a future driven by rapid technology innovation for digital business, adoption of bimodal IT strategies is imperative to accelerate digital competitiveness.
- IT and I&O Strategy and governance - IT and I&O strategies must meet business needs and enable the business to grow and transform. IT governance is about assigning decision rights and creating an accountability framework that encourages desirable behavior in the use of IT.
- Cost Optimization - Cost optimization in the age of digital business means organizations must use a mix of IT and business cost optimization for increased business performance, while preparing for digital futures.
- IT Operations Maturity & Process Improvement - Example, implementing ITIL, Service Management principles or applying COBIT to increase operations efficiency and maturity.
- I&O Organization Design – Understanding the impact of processes, culture and technologies within I&O and IT. What skills are necessary to transform an I&O organization to meet future demands?
- Demonstrating Business value of I&O - Communicate the value of I&O in terms that the business understands, while adequately managing internal processes and technology performance. What IT metrics does the business need to know to make better decisions? What reporting is required to demonstrate the value?
- Cloud Computing – All aspects and especially, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) - where infrastructure is delivered as cloud services Cloud is a style of computing where scalable and elastic IT-related capabilities are provided as a service to external customers using Internet technologies. Also, ability to review client Cloud Computing strategies and provide valuable feedback.
- Mobile & Endpoint Technologies - Mobile and endpoint computing continues on a path of accelerated change, which is driving a transformation in how organizations operate and compete, and forcing IT mobile and endpoint computing leaders to re-architect their entire strategy from the ground up.
- Unified Communications and Collaboration - Unified communications and collaboration is the integration of real-time communication services with non-real-time communication services and social media.
What you’ll need:
- University graduate (Masters preferred) with a 10+ years’ experience working in a senior SVM and I&O leadership role for 5+ years or with 5+ years in other SVM and I&O (e.g. Consulting)
- In-depth understanding of the SVM and I&O industry and the role of Senior Information Security and IT leadership
- Experience with strategy development, organization design, and initiative management, application of metrics and understanding of major industry trends
- In-depth understanding of SVM/I&O and the alignment of Business and SVM/I&O strategies
- Critical thinking and problem solving to assess client situation and provide actionable outcome based business/technical advice and access to appropriate Gartner resources to support achievement of business results
- High tolerance / evolved ability to lead and manage ambiguous situations
- Excellent relationship skills including experience working with Business and IT Leadership
- Superior verbal, written, facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience coaching and mentoring senior level leaders
- Collaboration and team leadership.
- Demonstrable sales and/or business development experience with Sr. IT Leadership
- Strong time and project management skills
- Travel 25% and upwards
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with excellent growth potential, Gartner Enterprise IT Leaders provides exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Annual bonus potential
- Excellent benefits package
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.– Visitgartner.com to learn more.
Job Requisition ID:31402
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.