Sr Principal, QUADS
As a part of Gartner’s global Data Science team, design statistical models based on unstructured data to produce innovative insights. The data scientist will work closely with researchers and quantitative analysts to design and run experiments, clean and preprocess unstructured data by applying state-of-the-art natural language processing and machine learning techniques to find novel ways of measuring, monitoring, and visualizing customer insights.
- Apply knowledge of statistics, natural language processing, programming, and data modeling to build solutions for recognizing patterns in the real-world data, organizing information, extracting entities and discovering relations between them, leading to prototype development and product improvement.
- Use an analytical approach to design, develop, and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data.
- Extend, develop, program and implement new algorithms.
- Design and deliver data insights using easily consumable and customizable data visualizations (e.g., using Power BI)
One of the following:
- University Degree in Computer Science;
- University Degree in Computational Linguistics and 1+ years of industry experience in a programming position;
- University Degree in Computational Biology, Statistics or Applied Math and 1+ years of industrial experience in NLP.
One of the following:
- PhD in AI or another quantitative field with 2+ years of experience programming machine learning/NLP based solutions to real-world problems;
- MSc in AI or another quantitative field with 4+ years of experience programming machine learning/NLP based solutions to real-world problems;
- Excellent knowledge of Python or R
- An open mind; desire to learn the best language/technology/methodology to solve a given problem;
- Expertise in data analysis (experiment design, classification, regression, unsupervised methods);
- Proficiency with regular expressions and other deterministic methods for processing text as well as experience in practical NLP;
- “Hacker” attitude: hunger for resolving enigmas, finding solutions to riddles and facing uncommon challenges;
- Readiness to work in uncertainty regarding the resolution of a problem, the existence of means to resolve it and, sometimes, in the absence of precise objectives;
- Autonomous and responsible; organized and structured in initiatives and work;
- Detail-oriented and able to keep a global vision of the issues and their solutions.
- Positive attitude, friendliness, and collaborative.
Job Requisition ID:33046
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.