Data Project Manager, Supply Chain Research & Advisory Services, Gartner Research, Boston, MA
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research & Advisory, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver projects that contribute to Gartner’s must-have research and compelling client interactions, and you’ll contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the data they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help internal and external clients, you’ll also grow your career and the scope of your impact. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in business operations and technology, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role:
This role will provide project assistance and support across a wide variety of annual and ongoing research projects conducted by the Supply Chain Programs team. These projects are designed to collect, cleanse, analyze and help visualize data for analysts, advisors and clients across a spectrum of Supply Chain topic areas.
The focus of this role is to support programs primarily related to all of the vertical industries Gartner Supply Chain covers, including most of the manufacturing sub-sectors but also includes retail and healthcare providers.
The key activities and projects this role will support include but are not limited to:
- Gartner’s Supply Chain Top 25 family of research, including the global study, the Healthcare Supply Chain Top 25, and the Supply Chain University Top 25.
- Gartner’s Supply Chain Hierarchy of Metrics benchmarking programs
- Gartner’s Supply Chainnovators innovation awards platform
- Gartner’s Supply Chain Maturity Assessments family of online tools
What you’ll do:
Project management and assistance which includes responsibilities such as: gathering and managing third party financial and other information, maintaining project schedules, monitoring and communicating deadlines to teams; developing programmed questionnaires; monitoring and maintaining progress of fieldwork; delivering data-based reports to the analyst/advisor community, and assisting in delivery and process scaling initiatives.
In this role you will also contribute to defining key projects which will include identifying attributes like scope, business requirements, stakeholder analysis, success criteria, a rollout/communication plan, and data and reporting requirements.
You will also:
- Apply and follow project management methodology and best practices for all projects, underpinned by fact-based data and supporting change management initiatives.
- Deliver input for timely project reporting to communicate progress, challenges and potential solutions
- Execute process-related activities using fact-based principles of efficiency, simplicity, scale, and/or change management
- Contribute to process optimization through innovation and continuous improvement
- Contribute to team process improvements
- Post all related project data files to server or any other central data repository required
- Be familiar with applications used for deliverables which includes, SPSS, PPT and Excel
What you’ll need:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties in a strategic, analytical and articulate manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Located in Boston MA.
- One to four years of experience in managing B2B or consumer research projects, preferably for an end-user or consultancy organization or for a field research agency.
- Expertise or experience with supply chain related projects a differentiator.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills. Written work must be concise and persuasive.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong business and financial acumen as well as analytical skills are required for this position.
- The candidate must be able to efficiently multitask
- The candidate must demonstrate a self-motivated work ethic but also be collaborative within geographically diverse team environment.
- Strong project planning and management skills with a strong team-working ethos. PMO certification will be an advantage.
- Desktop productivity including Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Advanced capabilities in Excel including ability to produce pivot tables and create custom filters
- Bachelors degree preferred.
Who you are:
- Collaborative: experienced providing service and collaborating with global colleagues.
- Organized - skilled at multitasking, prioritizing and working under tight deadlines and high volume.
- Confident – able to make sound decisions on projects with minimum supervision. Effective communicator
- Analytically savvy – have strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities
- Detail oriented - skilled at recognizing and troubleshooting errors
What we offer:
- An upbeat, positive culture in a growth company.
- Teamwork, integrity, objectivity, collaboration, and a no-limits mindset are central to our values.
- Direct collaboration with smart global colleagues in a continuous learning environment.
- Professional development and growth opportunities.
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits starting on your first day.
Job Requisition ID:29667
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.