Team Manager - Data Science
About this role:
Talent Neuron supports a range of strategic initiatives covering talent, location and competitive intelligence. In specific, the team gathers intelligence and advises on key roles by location, occupation and skill set; data on where competitors are hiring and which skills and roles they are seeking; and location intelligence on where to find and hire top talent at the right price.
We are searching for a top talent data science manager to lead a big part of our data science team. We plan to add many advanced quant and analytics talent to our Data Science team in Bangalore office this year. The incumbent will serve as one of our local anchors and a binding thread for existing and incoming talent as we build a best-in-class team over the next 12-18 months. While being a part of the broader HR Research and Advisory practice, this person will be working very closely with global Product Management and Information Technology teams in an agile environment.
In this job you will succeed by guiding and mentoring a capable team and using advanced quantitative methods to improve the Talent Neuron data product – one of the fastest growing business within Gartner. You will have access to the best facilities, technology and expertise within the industry and will work on challenging problems that would include analyzing large volumes of data and deriving insights from them. This is an excellent opportunity to lead (and build) a growing team and work with team mates spread across our offices in NA and EMEA to strengthen a very-successful product.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a team of 5-6 to start with; team size may increase going forward
- Serve as a local anchor for the leadership, train and coach new hires who would specialize in business and advanced analytics projects, drive team building and recruiting activities as needed
- Work with senior stakeholders closely to deliver data driven decision making for the business
- Be the subject matter expert and facilitator for all analytics-related questions to internal stakeholders (account managers, commercial, advisors) and clients alike
- Oversee (and own select) projects that involve advanced analytics including machine learning and advanced statistical concepts
- Provide expert input on several improvement initiatives underway in the organization
What you’ll need:
- Graduation in Engineering, Economics, Math or Statistics with a Masters (MBA preferred) from a premier institution in India or abroad
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in the field of quantitative analytics, research or data science with 4-5 years in building and managing teams with diverse skill set; international work experience will be given a preference
- Experience of working in an international, cross-cultural environment supporting NA, EMEA-based clients
- Very comfortable with MS Office products; strong working knowledge of R, Python, SQL, VBA Macros, Power BI
- Working knowledge of machine learning techniques (expert not required; intermediate knowledge would suffice)
- Detail-oriented with high personal standard for quality and accuracy
- A strategic mindset to interpret and bring out the ‘so what’; able to apply logical, structured frameworks to complex problems and communicate with clients directly (and/or via client facing staff)
- Superior communication and articulation (verbal and written); prior experience in presenting to and engaging heads of functions including clients C-level executives
- Certifications in project management and design thinking would be preferred
- Experience, maturity and ability to prioritize and manage and balance workload in compressed timeframes
- Strong story-telling skills; ability to craft a cohesive strategy across disparate teams (commercial, account management, advisory, product and information technology) with a keen eye on revenue outcomes and process effectiveness
Who you are:
- You love quantitative problem solving and are excited about representing business information using numbers
- You want to engage senior clients in data-driven discussions and act as a consultant to business teams
- You harbor an interest in business analytics and data science field as a long-term career while developing your business acumen
- You are passionate about data science as a field and are excited to develop highly intellectual talent through coaching
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible work environment
- Great work culture
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Job Requisition ID:33689
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.