Sr Software Engineer
About this role:
Software Development position responsible for design, implementation, and support of Python based web applications to help fulfill our Research & Consulting Delivery strategy.
What you’ll do:
- Establish methodologies for quickly rolling out new data analysis capabilities for standalone data-driven products and service to support our associates.
- Have end-to-end responsibility for leading projects focused on extracting, merging, analyzing and managing large sets of data across multiple, disparate databases
- Be able to transform unstructured raw data in to formats suitable for modeling
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of and ability to operational, leading data technologies and best practices
- Be responsible for maintaining project plans, clean code, and well-written documentation
- Be able to work in teams and collaborate with stakeholders to define requirements
- Make decisions independently on analytical problems and methods
- Be able to identify and suggest novel areas of future work for themselves or the team
- Be able to work in a globally distributed team in an Agile/Scrum approach
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, or a related field
- 5+ years of data engineering or other data-intensive development experience
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data
- Advanced knowledge of Python programming language
- Experience building scalable data models and performing complex relational databases queries using SQL (Oracle, MySQL, PostGres), etc.
- Experience with Python ORMs like SQLAlchemy and Python libraries like Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Numpy, NLTK and Scipy
- Knowledge of algorithms and statistics and at least some experience in data mining, machine learning and natural language processing
- Familiarity with web analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, etc.) and Big Data tools like Spark, Hadoop, EMR, Kafka
- Knowledge of integration and web services technologies (HTTP, SOAP, REST, XML, JSON)
- Familiarity working on Cloud platforms like AWS.
- Scrum software development methodology experience is a plus
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to detect and resolve data/analytics quality issues
Who you are:
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communications skills interacting with technical and business audience’s
- Excellent organization, multitasking, and prioritization skills
- Must possess a willingness and aptitude to embrace new technologies/ideas and master concepts rapidly.
- Intellectual curiosity, passion for technology and keeping up with new trends
- Delivering project work on-time within budget with high quality
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Diversity, inclusion and engagement at Gartner:
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Job Requisition ID:23925
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.